• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2022

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

WGAL radar shows "not light" rain over you.  Not reaching the ground? 

I should have clarified the comment I just made - there is a few showers approaching Harrisburg that look to clip us in an hour or so. Checking with my wife (I'm at work, no rain here) to see if anything is happening. She said "I don't think so".

I thanked her for her great observation. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah it must have, but you wouldn't have known that with how it blossomed on the radar right over us.  A bit of fool's gold, but still pleased to get some beneficial rains.  I'm running pretty much right at average for the year, with 18.24" YTD.

Wow!  I had 0.30" since midnight with 0.10" yesterday.  For the month I'm only at 1.24" and for the YEAR I am 18.23".!!  :raining:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Between the rain and no sun, today is a good day for yards. 

1 hour ago, canderson said:

No sun? There is barely a cloud in the sky here. Some really light whispy stuff, but very minimal. 

52 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

yeah, its nice out. (if you like the sun)

44 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

No sun here yet.   It’s been a real low ceiling with a high of 72 so far 

31 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

There has not been one bit of sun here as of yet.  73 degrees. 

Locally, my wife says it's been sunny and beautiful for hours at home. Lots of sun with little cloud cover.

I'm 12 miles south and it's been mostly cloudy to cloudy all day here. 

Looks like roughly Rt. 30 (at least in Lanco) is sort of the dividing line between the 2 extremes. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Locally, my wife says it's been sunny and beautiful for hours at home. Lots of sun with little cloud cover.

I'm 12 miles south and it's been mostly cloudy to cloudy all day here. 

Looks like roughly Rt. 30 (at least in Lanco) is sort of the dividing line between the 2 extremes. 

Your wife has been in the AmWx spotlight more than once today. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

8th mow in the books and looks very unlikely we get to 10 before July.  Most of my grass could have gone days if not a week for a mow so I am two weeks out for the next one even if it rains every few days.

I completed mow #22 Monday evening. 

13 hours ago, Superstorm said:

I’m thinking LNS, CXY and MDT could do 90+ tomorrow through Friday.

13 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

For tomorrow that would be 5-10 degrees higher than any model I looked at (did not check Euro).

My point and click from CTP is 88 for today. Currently 71 with full sun. I don't see how I don't reach 90 unless we cloud over this afternoon. I'm riding the Superstorm Heat Express over the models. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My point and click from CTP is 88 for today. Currently 71 with full sun. I don't see how I don't reach 90 unless we cloud over this afternoon. I'm riding the Superstorm Heat Express over the models. LOL

I'm sitting at 80 on the nose at 10am.  Most near-term guidance likes upper 80s for us today, gonna be close me thinks. 

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I'm sitting at 80 on the nose at 10am.  Most near-term guidance likes upper 80s for us today, gonna be close me thinks. 

80 at home as well. (currently 80.3)

If I'm at 85-86 at noon and maintain sun until 3pm, I like my chances for reaching 90 for the 7th time this year. 

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If I'm at 85-86 at noon and maintain sun until 3pm, I like my chances for reaching 90 for the 7th time this year. 

Only 75 here but on Wunderground I see lots of low 80's in the central LSV right now.   Interesting thing is that it was 70 here at 6:30AM so its only gone up 5 over 4 hours. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Interestingly enough, NWS P&C only has me at 86 for a high now.  One would certainly think 90s to be likely with 850s in the 15-20 range and full sun in mid June but who knows, weather can be so damn fickle.  Maybe a slight east to southeasterly component in the breeze develops juuuuust enough to bring in some ocean or bay influence, or juuuuust enough clouds build at key times, etc.  But yeah, I like our odds as of now.

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Only 75 here but on Wunderground I see lots of low 80's in the central LSV right now.   Interesting thing is that it was 70 here at 6:30AM so its only gone up 5 over 4 hours. 

I was at 65 at 6:30am and am at 81 now. 16 degree rise here. 

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Interestingly enough, NWS P&C only has me at 86 for a high now.  One would certainly think 90s to be likely with 850s in the 15-20 range and full sun in mid June but who knows, weather can be so damn fickle.  Maybe a slight east to southeasterly component in the breeze develops juuuuust enough to bring in some ocean or bay influence, or juuuuust enough clouds build at key times, etc.  But yeah, I like our odds as of now.

Agree with all of this, the only thing I'd add is if I take my AC setting and lower it even further if that will offset the outside heat. :) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was at 65 at 6:30am and am at 81 now. 16 degree rise here. 

Agree with all of this, the only thing I'd add is if I take my AC setting and lower it even further if that will offset the outside heat. :) 

I saw you guys were much cooler than me to start   Even MDT beat me by 4 degrees last night.   My low was 68. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I saw you guys were much cooler than me to start   Even MDT beat me by 4 degrees last night.   My low was 68. 

I wonder if that was a product of dews - my dewpoint really jumped around 4am. By that point I was already at 64, and my temp leveled and started inching up at that point. 

It's quite humid out there now but there's also a nice breeze that kicked in. As @Mount Joy Snowman alluded to, the wind direction might tell the tale on our quest for 90 over this way. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I wonder if that was a product of dews - my dewpoint really jumped around 4am. By that point I was already at 64, and my temp leveled and started inching up at that point. 

It's quite humid out there now but there's also a nice breeze that kicked in. As @Mount Joy Snowman alluded to, the wind direction might tell the tale on our quest for 90 over this way. 

Has more of an easterly component now.  That might keep us from the 90F mark.