Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,174
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    JDinCT
    Newest Member
    JDinCT
    Joined

Central PA Summer 2022


Recommended Posts

CTP is still on team rain chances tomorrow.

Tuesday
A chance of showers, then showers and thunderstorms likely after 2pm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. Mostly sunny, with a high near 87. Southwest wind 6 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. 
Tuesday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely before 8pm, then a slight chance of showers between 8pm and 2am. Mostly clear, with a low around 67. West wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

000
SXUS71 KPBZ 112129
RERDUJ

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA
528 PM EDT MON JUL 11 2022

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT DUBOIS PA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 87 WAS SET AT DUBOIS PA TODAY.
THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 86 SET IN 1987.


$$

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

000
SXUS71 KPBZ 112129
RERDUJ

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA
528 PM EDT MON JUL 11 2022

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT DUBOIS PA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 87 WAS SET AT DUBOIS PA TODAY.
THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 86 SET IN 1987.


$$

That seems like a very low threshold record for mid July.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That seems like a very low threshold record for mid July.  

If I run the report on xmACIS, it’s one of the weakest records in July, though it shows as 88 in 2011 on there so I’m not sure where the 86 came from. Interesting that DUJ hit 87 today, PIT didn’t even hit 87.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TimB said:

If I run the report on xmACIS, it’s one of the weakest records in July, though it shows as 88 in 2011 on there so I’m not sure where the 86 came from. Interesting that DUJ hit 87 today, PIT didn’t even hit 87.

It seems north and central PA over achieved vs some of the southern one third.  I heard the red zone is now the actuary zone in Pitt?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It seems north and central PA over achieved vs some of the southern one third.  I heard the red zone is now the actuary zone in Pitt?  

Indeed. Sad days in the Burgh, but the product on the field won’t be any better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

0Z's I have seen so far all seemed encouraging for tomorrow.  Both Nam's expanded coverage for the LSV, fv3 was great coverage Harrisburg and South and the Rgem  had better coverage.  All delayed the front enough to allow more interaction farther north.

How much for Tamaqua... :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

TBD!   6Z was a slight step back for more northern areas.    For varying areas of PA, there is actually a chance of rain (on most models) every day for the next  7-10 days.  Scattered most days

WHTM-27 is not very optimistic for areas north of I-81 of getting really anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

WHTM-27 is not very optimistic for areas north of I-81 of getting really anything.

Finger crossed but yea the front has been scooting through a bit fast the whole time so Northern areas were tougher.  If you scan through the Nam, CMC, Gfs, etc...you will see they some showers popping up every day this week albeit it scattered.  Friday is the least and not in the LSV.   More solid area of rain this weekend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Finger crossed but yea the front has been scooting through a bit fast the whole time so Northern areas were tougher.  If you scan through the Nam, CMC, Gfs, etc...you will see they some showers popping up every day this week albeit it scattered.  Friday is the least and not in the LSV.   More solid area of rain this weekend. 

We can only hope for rain .12 rain since the last week of June isn't cutting it. The field corn leaves are pointed up and the lawns on the other side of the creek from where I live are turning brown. I'm a little more fortunate where I live as I live in the lowlands. But I am starting to see changes here too. I watered Sunday 4 hrs pumping water from the creek to my garden Had everything in the garden watered good. But that sun yesterday with that wind dried it out again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

We can only hope for rain .12 rain since the last week of June isn't cutting it. The field corn leaves are pointed up and the lawns on the other side of the creek from where I live are turning brown. I'm a little more fortunate where I live as I live in the lowlands. But I am starting to see changes here too. I watered Sunday 4 hrs pumping water from the creek to my garden Had everything in the garden watered good. But that sun yesterday with that wind dried it out again.

I have all the empathy in the world.  It sucks.   Farmers can get help sometimes but the regular home owner is just SOL if trying to grow stuff. Low of 57 here this AM.  65 now. Long way to go for 90. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I have all the empathy in the world.  It sucks.   Farmers can get help sometimes but the regular home owner is just SOL if trying to grow stuff. Low of 57 here this AM.  65 now. Long way to go for 90. 

I was in the process of posting that it got a few degrees cooler last night than forecast for my area. That's VERY unusual for any time of the year. CTP had a forecast low of 68, I got down to 65. Currently it's sunny and 70. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

 

I was in the process of posting that it got a few degrees cooler last night than forecast for my area. That's VERY unusual for any time of the year. CTP had a forecast low of 68, I got down to 65. Currently it's sunny and 70. 

The thing I have noticed is MUCH less AC needs in the morning this summer.  Constant nights in the 50's. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The thing I have noticed is MUCH less AC needs in the morning this summer.  Constant nights in the 50's. 

It hasn't been quite as constantly been in the 50s here - one thing I've noticed this summer compared to last year especially is generally overall lower dews. For me, it's all in my lenses. Last summer, it seemed like for months on end, every time I'd walk outside, my glasses fogged up immediately. It's only happened a few times so far this summer. That's my highly scientific measurement that this summer has been more pleasant. LOL

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It hasn't been quite as constantly been in the 50s here - one thing I've noticed this summer compared to last year especially is generally overall lower dews. For me, it's all in my lenses. Last summer, it seemed like for months on end, every time I'd walk outside, my glasses fogged up immediately. It's only happened a few times so far this summer. That's my highly scientific measurement that this summer has been more pleasant. LOL

Those lower dews are probably a big factor in more people worried about D word stuff. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just saw that as well. 

Interesting little "war" today between the models/most forecasters vs. MU - at least yesterday PM, he was thinking best rain chances for today was going to be in northern PA...

I think there are two different influences there but the front itself would be in MD per the models...where the energy would be to interact with the heating.   The Central PA area seems to be in the gap.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think there are two different influences there but the front itself would be in MD per the models...where the energy would be to interact with the heating.   The Central PA area seems to be in the gap.

Okay, that makes sense. 

Severe threat seems to be greater the farther NE one goes, so that supports what you're saying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...