• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2022

Perhaps the loudest thunder I've heard here - oddly the lightning bolt ( a biggie) was 3 or 4 seconds beforehand

Edit: A little break off cell might clip me 

Double edit: A little light rain for 3 minutes, better than nothing I guess, still frustrating as hell. Will be a bit more than a trace, less than .1". 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Hopefully any Wed night stuff gets the people who missed out today.    Chances of Rain Thur-Sun as well. 

What happened to the trough moving east that was going to allow that high pressure dome to move a bit west and bring that crazy hot air that's in the center of the country?

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

What happened to the trough moving east that was going to allow that high pressure dome to move a bit west and bring that crazy hot air that's in the center of the country?

There are no extreme high temps on the GFS or CMC anymore. Did not check the Euro.   Between blocking in the Atlantic and occasional transient troughs that traverse under us, it is summer warm but not hot.

image.thumb.png.2688719b981ec2619dd60d587733253f.png

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I saw that and it was killing me.  You deserved rain.  

Thanks- part of the deal during the summer but this one hurts a little extra given how radar looked as well as how often I've been skipped over lately.

Still not as bad as northern folks but it's now going to be 4 or 5 days until the next legitimate chance.

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thanks- part of the deal during the summer but this one hurts a little extra given how radar looked as well as how often I've been skipped over lately.

Still not as bad as northern folks but it's now going to be 4 or 5 days until the next legitimate chance.

I still think somewhere in the LSV sees rain every day this week albeit overnight tomorrow.   But yea next widespread chances seem to be Fri into Sat. 

40 minutes ago, canderson said:

My gauge says exactly a trace. Starting to lighten up considerably. Oh well. Congrats to those south of me that did well. 

Yeah I would say a trace as well, northern York looked great on radar but hardly any rain. Getting to be a really dry stretch now. 

SXUS71 KPBZ 122122
RERDUJ

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA
0521 PM EDT TUE JUL 12 2022

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT DUBOIS PA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 89 WAS SET AT DUBOIS PA TODAY.
THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 88 SET IN 2005.

$$

A few other locations across central Pennsylvania came within a few degrees of record highs today... 83F in Bradford (record: 87F; in 1987); 92F in Williamsport (record: 95F; in 1911, 1922, and 1936); and 88F in Altoona (record: 90F, in 1952).

Meanwhile, Johnstown fell 21F short of its record. Very difficult for Johnstown to ever set record highs in the summer since the old records were much lower in elevation and the airport is on a mountain.

4 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

SXUS71 KPBZ 122122
RERDUJ

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA
0521 PM EDT TUE JUL 12 2022

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT DUBOIS PA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 89 WAS SET AT DUBOIS PA TODAY.
THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 88 SET IN 2005.

$$

It is stunning that anywhere in PA has records below 90 in July. 

14 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Those northern locations of PA don’t crack 90F much.

Lake influence, elevation and lack of down sloping.

I hear you but Dubois is south of Williamsport and the record in Williamsport is 95 today.  Not saying Dubois and Williamsport are comparable but it does not impress when it gets to 87 anywhere in the Northeast US in July...except maybe Mt Washington. 

4 minutes ago, Voyager said:

What makes your location so much warmer than everywhere else? 

My location is at an elevation of according to my elevation app 440 ft I am surrounded by a mountain on the south side. topof mountain elevation is 1150 ft and hills on the other 3 sides of me. So you'd say I live in a bowl. Now I can go down to the creek that is about 100ft from my house down there and it is about 5 degrees cooler there. There are trees at the creek but the area here at the house there are no trees. Don't worry when the sun gets lower in the sky and the days shorten in September I will lose the heating effect that I enjoy now. In winter I only see the sun about 6 hours. It rises after 9 and is gone by 3.

8 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

My location is at an elevation of according to my elevation app 440 ft I am surrounded by a mountain on the south side. topof mountain elevation is 1150 ft and hills on the other 3 sides of me. So you'd say I live in a bowl. Now I can go down to the creek that is about 100ft from my house down there and it is about 5 degrees cooler there. There are trees at the creek but the area here at the house there are no trees. Don't worry when the sun gets lower in the sky and the days shorten in September I will lose the heating effect that I enjoy now. In winter I only see the sun about 6 hours. It rises after 9 and is gone by 3.

Ouch on that last part... I'd have a hard time dealing with that.

42 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

It’s got to be great for snow accumulating retention & snow pack retention in Winter.