Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter 2022

George BM

22 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Big exciting morning here. Visual confirmation of a guest to the new hummingbird feeder. He was cute. 

good to know! i've seen others on the community FB mention they've seen them too. Need to get my feeder out. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mappy said:

good to know! i've seen others on the community FB mention they've seen them too. Need to get my feeder out. 

Which FB group are you part of?  I'm in Maryland Bird Watchers and Identification Group.   It really has been helpful for learning. 

I have been a bit bored with the usual NE style IPAs, but have generally not been a fan of the 'milkshake' variety either. Enter Cloud Cake DIPA from Lone Pine. A very pretty looking hazy IPA, great smell of tropical fruit and hops on the nose, lovely lacing, and a superior creamy mouthfeel. Definitely get a bit of sweetness from the lactose on the finish, but not overdone at all. Enjoyable and fun beer. Lone pine is one of those breweries that seems to always get it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CAPE said:

I have been a bit bored with the usual NE style IPAs, but have generally not been a fan of the 'milkshake' variety either. Enter Cloud Cake DIPA from Lone Pine. A very pretty looking hazy IPA, great smell of tropical fruit and hops on the nose, lovely lacing, and a superior creamy mouthfeel. Definitely get a bit of sweetness from the lactose on the finish, but not overdone at all. Enjoyable and fun beer. Lone pine is one of those breweries that seems to always get it.

Lots of beers are getting a little same-y, but the top breweries seem to always be able to turn it up a notch and separate themselves from others.

I've got a mixed 4-pack of Trillium that I'll enjoy this weekend, and I'm hoping to hit up Juicy for a few crowlers tomorrow (again, for weekend consumption), then again on Sunday for some drafts with buddies.

• Like 2

Lol Capitals blown out by the Islanders 5-1.  Penguins hold a one point lead over the Capitals for the 3rd division seed still. 

The Penguins just need to get to OT vs CBJ - or win in any fashion - to clinch the 3rd seed and play the Rangers in the first round.  Capitals would play Florida if this were to happen. 

Penguins would have to lose in regulation to CBJ and the Capitals win in any fashion against the Rangers tomorrow for them to be the 3rd seed and play the Rangers and the Penguins would be relegated to being WC2 and play Florida 

15 hours ago, nj2va said:

That tells m e you're ready for the Stanley Cup Playoffs!

I’m ready for Caps playoff season for sure! Unfortunately, probably only going to be a weeks worth. Lol. Yet, I’ve seen stranger things happen in the playoffs. So many times and years the Caps were #1, best team, most goals, blah blah blah, and still would get ousted in round 1 or 2. So that said, we shall see. Obviously we know they can play with anyone. The month of March most of April were great. They just need to have Ovi back and flip the switch back on ASAP. 

1 hour ago, Scraff said:

I’m ready for Caps playoff season for sure! Unfortunately, probably only going to be a weeks worth. Lol. Yet, I’ve seen stranger things happen in the playoffs. So many times and years the Caps were #1, best team, most goals, blah blah blah, and still would get ousted in round 1 or 2. So that said, we shall see. Obviously we know they can play with anyone. The month of March most of April were great. They just need to have Ovi back and flip the switch back on ASAP. 

Yep, that's where my head is at too.  Years where we were the #1 seed were disappointments as it seems like they had so much expectations placed on them going into it.  We had a good end of the season (sans the last two games).  We need Ovi back (which seems likely for the playoffs) and shake the rust off them from the last two games - they just looked dazed and sluggish.  Oh and goaltending will be an issue for us in the playoffs.

While I'm not expecting them to get out of the first round, it certainly wouldn't shock me if they did.  I'd love to see the Pens lose and us sneak into the Met #3 spot.

6 hours ago, nj2va said:

Yep, that's where my head is at too.  Years where we were the #1 seed were disappointments as it seems like they had so much expectations placed on them going into it.  We had a good end of the season (sans the last two games).  We need Ovi back (which seems likely for the playoffs) and shake the rust off them from the last two games - they just looked dazed and sluggish.  Oh and goaltending will be an issue for us in the playoffs.

While I'm not expecting them to get out of the first round, it certainly wouldn't shock me if they did.  I'd love to see the Pens lose and us sneak into the Met #3 spot.

And it's 3-0 Penguins already :devilsmiley:

9 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Watching the caps the last week they look really tired and slow.

This has happened the last couple of years heading into the playoffs. 

Older team and window closing. 

Yeah, agreed.  FL is a really fast team too.  Anything can happen though, so we’ll see.

I love the SC Playoffs…favorite time of the year in sports!

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic