• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal cyclogenesis and minor to moderate impact Feb 8/ 8.5, primarily SE areas ...for now.

Typhoon Tip

I’m trying to figure out 

where is this warm up coming from. 

we are in danger of cold capping in here. It’s between 15 and 20° the dp of 10 in the area and cirrus overspreading. It’s gonna be dead calm tomorrow that looks like guidance is gonna bust too warm… 

1997 started that way

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I’m trying to figure out 

where is this warm up coming from. 

we are in danger of cold capping in here. It’s between 15 and 20° the dp of 10 in the area and cirrus overspreading. It’s gonna be dead calm tomorrow that looks like guidance is gonna bust too warm… 

1997 started that way

Just off the deck rapidly furnaces. 

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I can’t believe it’s 14° right now and we are going to be dealing with P-type issues for a coastal tomorrow.  Unreal. 

That in and of itself is not that crazy to me. I’ve seen short duration do this before in the past

and it already did earlier this year. One might recall… It was 0 to 9 above and 24 hours later we had a rain storm. 

But I think that warm layer at 850 is not exceptionally intrusive - they’re calling it a torch. I don’t see it as a torch. I see it +3 …all we need is for this thing to have a little bit more vertical velocity and heavier precipitation and that would become isothermal around 0C. I also think that the 925 is gonna bust too warm. Could be wrong we’ll see

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I can’t believe it’s 14° right now and we are going to be dealing with P-type issues for a coastal tomorrow.  Unreal. 

yeah, the most annoying part of winter imho is cold dry/warm wet, or at least days like today where it's gonna be near 0, and in a couple days ptype concerns?? is what it is I guess, I say if its not going to snow when cold, it can be gone, save money on heating, and wood

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Connecticut Appleman said:

I'm beginning feel like the WOR crowd is on the island of misfit weenies.  A coastal takes a favorable track and we might be able to squeak out an inch or so.  Can't even hit advisory levels in CT.

You mean good advisory levels. We are under a winter weather advisory...FWIW

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol…the last two times we’ve had pretty much no winter weather when they’ve issued it.  Let’s see if this time(tomorrow) is the same, and we go for 3 times with no winter weather. 

I saw some twitter post about if school will be canceled tomorrow in ct

• Haha 2