Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,108
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Elarey7
    Newest Member
    Elarey7
    Joined

Winter Storm Izzy Obs Thread


 Share

Recommended Posts

ground turning white, ripping quarter sized flakes, temp down to 32.9. I  expect to have nws_gsp's total snowfall forecast of 1 inch here in the next 45 minutes... then what? lmao

I  got a nice 2 hours of sleep... little late with the 1:30am alarm clock. missed the start of the action! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

ground turning white, ripping quarter sized flakes, temp down to 32.9. I  expect to have nws_gsp's total snowfall forecast of 1 inch here in the next 45 minutes... then what? lmao

I  got a nice 2 hours of sleep... little late with the 1:30am alarm clock. missed the start of the action! 

Nice! I thought about sleeping a bit but for once I am staying up lol. This could be a really good storm. 
 

its 31 here and almost an inch. The last couple of min the wind really seems to be picking up. Some surprisingly big gusts too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NEGa said:

Nice! I thought about sleeping a bit but for once I am staying up lol. This could be a really good storm. 
 

its 31 here and almost an inch. The last couple of min the wind really seems to be picking up. Some surprisingly big gusts too. 

Don't sleep now, this is what we have been waiting for!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35/23 now with Light Snow. GSP updated the grid forecast for my area back to snow/sleet. Rain likely before 3am, then sleet likely between 3am and 4am, then snow and sleet after 4am. Low around 28. Northeast wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

a little sleet mixing here and it's evident on CC radar. Ugh... looks like the line is crashing back south though.  Models show this line pushing back south of 85 and hanging out there for 2-3 hours before moving north again. Fingers crossed!

 

Edit: Back to all snow and ripping! Crisis averted.. for now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

a little sleet mixing here and it's evident on CC radar. Ugh... looks like the line is crashing back south though.  Models show this line pushing back south of 85 and hanging out there for 2-3 hours before moving north again. Fingers crossed!

Yeah looks like we may be battling the sleet/snow line for quite a bit this morning before we flip over entirely to sleet. Hope snow winds out more times than sleet though, as this current mix is pretty rapid for ratios <_<

Temp down to 32.0 F Dewpoint 31.5 F

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SharonA said:

Hey @phil882Where is "here"?   Not Doral, Florida if you're getting snow :)  You'd mentioned Five Forks near 85, is that Five Forks in Lilburn Georgia or one of the other Five Forks that comes up on a websearch?

 

I updated my location haha... right now I'm in Greenville, SC near the interaction of Hwy 14 & Woodruff road. Sorry I wasn't more specific earlier. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, phil882 said:

Yeah looks like we may be battling the sleet/snow line for quite a bit this morning before we flip over entirely to sleet. Hope snow winds out more times than sleet though, as this current mix is pretty rapid for ratios <_<

Temp down to 32.0 F Dewpoint 31.5 F

It's ok. This will be an inch plus of liquid and it'll all be frozen. Great winter storm!

We will get our high ratio powder next week! lol

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, phil882 said:

I updated my location haha... right now I'm in Greenville, SC near the interaction of Hwy 14 & Woodruff road. Sorry I wasn't more specific earlier. 

I'm near hwy 14 and Woodruff Road too! Not liking the wet rain mixing in right now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...