• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Storm Izzy Obs Thread

8 minutes ago, phil882 said:

Looks like we have gone back to mostly snow, but you can tell the flakes are still partially melted and are very crusty without very well defined dendrites. I suppose beggars can't be choosers though. :rolleyes:

Of course right after I say that we flipped back to much better quality flakes in this nice band. Snowing probably the hardest it has so far for this event.

Just slipped below freezing too. Temp 31.8 F Dewpoint 31.3 F

Greetings, folks! Been lurking around and watching this thing unfold!  What a ride it's been up until now to watch this thing evolve since it was far back in the northwestern portion of the US!

Anyway, got some light snow taking place here in Gastonia! Started around 30 minutes ago, and it's just now trying to increase in intensity some! Sitting at 32/24, and it's kinda breezy out here. Highest wind speed was 15mph out of the NE, but that'll obviously be increasing a good bit as the day progresses.

• Like 2

Definitely seeing some fat flakes here in Cumming! Intermittent rain/sleet is mixing in, but it’s mostly snow.

Not much sticking yet, but feels much colder than earlier and there’s definitely some ice/slush on the ground.

Luckily they salted the roads around the hospital, and most the EMS crews are driving safe. I work in the ER, so they’ve been giving us all updates when they drop off/pickup patients. No MVA’s yet, so the roads must not be too terrible (round here at least). The drive home in the morning will be telling!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

yeah. Bouncing but looks like around 10 -20 miles S of I-85 

I'd be a happy guy if we can keep the mixing line there there until daybreak. The earlier mixing issues made me a bit worried we were going to flip over sooner than expected but now that the line seems to have settled south of I-85 we are looking pretty good for a few inches of snow over the next several hours.