Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

The longest Easter game in the history of the NBA?  May have to bring people out of the stands to fill in when the Sixers opponents do not have enough players due foul outs. 

Hopefully it won't be like the Easter Sunday playoff game against the Bucks back in 1981. Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Semis attracted 6,704 fans. It was so bad that all of the lights were turned off in the upper 2 levels of the building. All fans that day were seated in the lower level, most along the baseline. 

That was a game #7 with Erving, Toney, Jones, etc. 

On 2/28/2022 at 7:01 AM, Itstrainingtime said:

@Mount Joy Snowman likes to provide fascinating weather-related info for us - I can't match his fun, obscure facts, but I will say that out in the Sierra mountain range, Mammoth Mountain picked up 161" of snow in December. In January and February combined, they received 7". 

Haha well thank you sir you are too kind.  That is pretty damn remarkable.  Would a betting man then say that they could, perhaps should, be in for a big March/April?

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Haha well thank you sir you are too kind.  That is pretty damn remarkable.  Would a betting man then say that they could, perhaps should, be in for a big March/April?

I follow a couple of mets out there and it looks like it turns colder with what they refer to as "inside sliders" that will provide some snow showers with smallish accumulations. Not a shutout but nothing big looming on the horizon. It seems like it's almost a foregone conclusion that the season winds down this year by May, which is very early. Even in bad years they usually ski on Memorial Day weekend but this year that might not happen. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Pretty big disparity between MDT and Lancaster. Elliott just tweeted that we ended up about 4.5 degrees AN.

Nice timing on both of our posts haha.  But yeah I had seen that earlier about MU's departure being so much greater.  Feels like we had a few potent boundaries draped across the area with tight gradients that could have accounted for the stark difference from SE to NW.

• Like 1