Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Down here in NYC , I had 26 inches last February thanks to the blocking all January which then gave us an 18 inch storm and 2 other storms in early February.

This month I only got 2.5 inches. This winter deserves a C - so far. Nothing in December, 19.5 inches in January.

22 inches for the winter ( average is 27 )

This winter is a D for me leaning F. 

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Here we are on the last day of February, and if you look at the traffic on the board this morning - the number of posts says it all. Hasn't been a post in the M.A long range thread in nearly 2 hours. If you didn't know better and simply went off of activity, I'd think it was summer. 

If not for Luka, and Sixers free throws, the board would be almost silent. LOL.  

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Here we are on the last day of February, and if you look at the traffic on the board this morning - the number of posts says it all. Hasn't been a post in the M.A long range thread in nearly 2 hours. If you didn't know better and simply went off of activity, I'd think it was summer. 

I am actually ok with winter weather ending (if it is).  We need a reset.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

If not for Luka, and Sixers free throws, the board would be almost silent. LOL.  

@Blizzard of 93 will somehow cheer us up!

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

Embrace spring - no real sign of any below normal cold shots anywhere and a bunch of 50s getting up into the mid to upper 60s this weekend and next week it appears. March 10 has a very outside shot at doing something but I'm not putting any cash on it. 

Yep there is really nothing on the GFS.

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

It's funny that you posted this - there is no one posting about this in the areas that the storm actually affects. LOL

All the "winter is over/cancelled" talk has shut down the hype engine. A fairly shallow trough dropping in behind that system so its not a capture at first glance but the EC having a chance is like getting pounded on the chest and hearing "live, damn it"  as the patient comes back. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

All the "winter is over/cancelled" talk has shut down the hype engine. A fairly shallow trough dropping in behind that system so its not a capture at first glance but the EC having a chance is like getting pounded on the chest and hearing "live, damn it"  as the patient comes back. 

I would not count on that one :D

7 minutes ago, paweather said:

I would not count on that one :D

Because all the ones we did count on worked out, right? LOL.   Bob Chill seems to get quoted here a lot...he just posted that trying to gauge sensible weather outside 5 days is no Bueno.  Talk about it, track, learn....but to close the door because of frequently inaccurate modeling, makes no sense.    Sure, there are times when you can punt outside 5 days but not sure we are anywhere close to that here.  It's 3rd and long and you have your scat backs in the game for a possible screen to get 4th down into a manageable area. 

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Because all the ones we did count on worked out, right? LOL.   Bob Chill seems to get quoted here a lot...he just posted that trying to gauge sensible weather outside 5 days is no Bueno.  Talk about it, track, learn....but to close the door because of frequently inaccurate modeling, makes no sense.    Sure, there are times when you can punt outside 5 days but not sure we are anywhere close to that here.  It's 3rd and long and you have your scat backs in the game for possible screen to get 4th down into a manageable area. 

Definitely am not giving up just lowering my confidence 

If you have 17 minutes to spare, here is Kyle Elliott's spring outlook. If you don't have 17 minutes, some "highlights":

• Little to zero chance of snow during the entire month of March (he's been saying this for weeks now)
  • 2-3 days early next week near or into the 70s
  • Very warm March - many days going forward above normal, some 80s possible
  • April - colder than normal (2-4 degrees below normal)
  • Several cut off lows with increasing amounts of moisture
  • Wait for it...wait for it...an increased chance of snow during the first 10 days of April...

If you watch the video, it should be the one closest to the bottom of the screen  - "Extended Forecast"

https://www.millersville.edu/weathercenter/videos.php

24 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

During the time period of that Euro depiction, Elliott is calling for highs near 70. LOL

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If you have 17 minutes to spare, here is Kyle Elliott's spring outlook. If you don't have 17 minutes, some "highlights:

• Little to zero chance of snow during the entire month of March (he's been saying this for weeks now)
  • Wait for it...wait for it...an increased chance of snow during the first 10 days of April...

If you watch the video, it should be the one closest to the bottom of the screen  - "Extended Forecast"

April snow.  Hard to find fans for that. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

April snow.  Hard to find fans for that. 

It's a great video. He does a phenomenal job of breaking things down. He is all but completely writing off March in it's entirety. (and yes, I read what Bob Chill said and I happen to agree with him, but I'm posting Elliott's discussion for viewing pleasure)

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If you have 17 minutes to spare, here is Kyle Elliott's spring outlook. If you don't have 17 minutes, some "highlights":

Easter SNOW bring it!

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Nope, sorry. Easter isn't until the 17th. Snow chances are the first 7-10 days. Besides, I'll be at the Center watching playoff basketball on Easter. :)  

The longest Easter game in the history of the NBA?  May have to bring people out of the stands to fill in when the Sixers opponents do not have enough players due to foul outs. 

• Haha 1