Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If that were completely true, then why would the output/outcome change from 12Z to 18Z?   Here is a paper that better explains the findings:

https://ams.confex.com/ams/27WAF23NWP/webprogram/Handout/Paper273676/GFS4cycle_2015_NWP_Chicago_15A.pdf

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. 

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If that were completely true, then why would the output/outcome change from 12Z to 18Z?   Here is a paper that better explains the findings:

https://ams.confex.com/ams/27WAF23NWP/webprogram/Handout/Paper273676/GFS4cycle_2015_NWP_Chicago_15A.pdf

Yeah I saw this article to. 

The way I think about the off-hour runs is kind of like this.....they are still better than the prior runs simply because they are six additional hours down the line (i.e. closer to the events occurring), so time is on their side; however, the gain in predicative ability from 6z to 12z is greater than the gain from 12z to 18z.  Make sense?

• Like 2

Got up to a beautiful 56 here today. Saturday looks glorious too - sunny and mid 50s. Sunday I think we get up to 72. Next week looks all above average - mostly low 50s. Don’t see any cold air in sight actually making it here into the LSV. Time changes soon too so spring is basically here, 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, canderson said:

Got up to a beautiful 56 here today. Saturday looks glorious too - sunny and mid 50s. Sunday I think we get up to 72. Next week looks all above average - mostly low 50s. Don’t see any cold air in sight actually making it here into the LSV. Time changes soon too so spring is basically here, 

I am not seeing it like you are.  I just posted the graphic showing extreme cold Friday.  Gfs has mid 40's Sat Lol.  Maybe you end up right but hard to say no cold air in sight with single digits possible in colder locations Friday. 

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am not seeing it like you are.  I just posted the graphic showing extreme cold Friday.  Gfs has mid 40's Sat Lol.  Maybe you end up right but hard to say no cold air in sight with single digits possible in colder locations Friday. 

Tomorrow and Friday will be chilly but it’ll not be that cold 1 low around freezing. Saturday I think we get to 50/51. I don’t buy next week’s cold shot either. Hope I’m wrong.