Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I fancy myself a bit of a geography buff, though I’d have to say my skills pale in comparison to yours.

Don't sell yourself short.  I'm only famous for being able to write-in all 67 PA counties on a blank map haha.

4 minutes ago, Porsche said:

Moderate snow burst here in East Earl at Shady Maple.

Snow.jpg

You know, I heard there was a nice surprise dusting across parts of Lancaster but not so much as a flake here on the western side of the county.  Congrats!

52 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

This is weather related. People will disagree with this (not all) people think all Robin's leave and head south. But being out doors and observing, some Robin's stay here throughout the fall and winter. I have heard and seen them throughout the fall and winter. In the fall and winter they stay in flocks 15-20 or more. In the fall and winter they fly high in the sky and stay in the trees. When the time is right in the spring that flock will come down to the ground to search for worms. Then they split from the flock status. Then they are mated up with another Robin to breed and raise their young. Yesterday afternoon there was a flock of at least 20 Robin's down on the ground at my place (where the creek flooded the bottom land and receded) looking for worms. Could this be a sign that maybe just maybe that winter is soon over?

Robins hang around all winter, and you'll see them throughout the winter on warmer days or in areas where there's no snow cover.  They are really not an accurate sign of spring.  The Eastern Phoebe is a true sign of spring, and so is the emergence of Groundhogs from hibernation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

So, since it appears we are in for a rather mundane week of weather, I thought we'd play a little game.  I have a nice shiny nickel for the person who can tell me what mountain is pictured in my profile pic.  Your one and only hint is that it resides in the United States of America.  No cheating with whatever high tech image search crap is available haha.  Board bragging rights on the line, let's hear it!

I don’t remember the name but it’s Northern California - part of the Cascades. It’s impressive driving ip I5 from SF to Eugene. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Neither have I and I've lived in Lancaster County my entire life.  I'll get there eventually, got to clog a few more arteries. 

53 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I have never been to Shady Maple. 

Well if you are ever in the area sometime, let me know and I'll meet up with anyone.  I'm here M-F :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Porsche said:

Well if you are ever in the area sometime, let me know and I'll meet up with anyone.  I'm here M-F :)

So many people go there for dinner - personally, breakfast is a somewhat hidden gem. Love to take clients there early in the morning. Best breakfast deal around and it's not close. You do the most important meal of the day exceptionally well. :) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

So many people go there for dinner - personally, breakfast is a somewhat hidden gem. Love to take clients there early in the morning. Best breakfast deal around and it's not close. You do the most important meal of the day exceptionally well. :) 

Might even run into Justin Bieber if you’re lucky.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

i hear its good. But that is to far from home for me to eat breakfast, then make it back to the village

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Pretty big front coming this weekend - looks like 50s around here on Saturday and not getting out of the 20s on Sunday. 

Also - it's gotten pretty solidly overcast down here over the past couple of hours. Going to be a very close miss with coastal precip this evening. 

Yep NJ has WWA