Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

86, I think both of us would take 3-4” in a heartbeat.   Also blowing snow might be a problem with winds gusting 30mph Friday afternoon 

I am good with it but its touch and go with that progression.  Low really south.  

Off to an appt so my last PBP for the morning :-) 

Boy that sure fizzled...went from 4-6” to about 1”

keep posting the maps appreciate it! Keep on tracking!!

Snow gods aren’t looking down on us this winter.

Nut my coal stoker is pretty clean.

The secret is getting clean coal from the mines that has been washed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

I’m liking the progression of models this go around. Hope we continue to improve on 12z big boys.

I think its likely that most of us should be getting something.  Gettin close enough that big shifts (bad or good) are diminishing.  One caveat to this deal is that there is less worry about timing/handoffs etc.  its just a simple storm riding the boundary below us and throwin qpf up our way.  I think for a multitude of reasons, that we sometimes overthink it a bit-or just expect 70% failure and want to find out how we do that instead of just looking at it for what it is.  I understand that for sure, but IMO this one has been "easier"...if you know what I mean.  Does that guarantee anything....hell no, but other than that stupid little fly on the screen that was off GA coast that Bubbles and I were mentioning....no big surprises.  Well for sanity's sake....I hope it ends this way.   

44 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

CTP crowd pleaser....well its the best we got... for now.  No BIG winners but we all get to play in it..I consider that a win.

rgem_asnow_neus_61.png

I could see this as a likely solution, with the exception of coverage being a bit overdone.  West Virginia and northern MA coastal areas likely to do the best.  Just a nice little winter storm, nothing too intense but makes for a pretty scene.  The column has great temps throughout and looks decently saturated.  I think we see solid ratios out of this and would not be at all surprised for must of the LSV to see a few inches, with a couple lollipops in the standard high hill locations and places like South Mountain.  Another thing that keeps showing up on the short term models is the sped-up timing of this thing, with snow likely moving in tomorrow evening and being out of here long before most of us awaken on Friday.  Should be a fun little event, just manage expectations accordingly. 

• Like 1