Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

15 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Hmmmmm wonder why it would be struggling to convert the precip to snow, since there aren't any temp issues throughout the column??  Is it just me or has the Ukie been struggling more than what it used to in the past?  Always thought it was a pretty good model, at least for SLP locations and path and whatnot, perhaps not as much on the precip side?

Used to be that the Ukie almost always was in line with what the Euro showed, but no more. Last year he Ukie was erratically bad and this year it looks like more of the same. 

Just now, Wmsptwx said:

lol don’t get all huffy I barely even said anything. Enjoy the advisory snow, looks like it’s going to stick around at least for awhile depending on Sunday.

Huffy? Not even close. You have had a tendency in the past to go on negative runs and there was a quick succession of posts from you headed that way. I just wanted to remind you that you cleaned up last year and to keep everything in perspective. :) 

I'm sorry if I came across in a bad way. Truly. 

16 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

What’s best to use for actual ground temps on models.   2m?

Another comment.  The Nam 2M has been too cool on a lot of different kinds of weather days for months now.  Not sure why.  A fully cloudy/rainy day has not been as bad but on any day where sun or WAA was involved, it was too cool.   This includes the Cad protected areas of the LSV. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Another comment.  The Nam 2M has been too cool on a lot of different kinds of weather days for months now.  Not sure why.  A fully cloudy/rainy day has not been as bad but on any day where sun or WAA was involved, it was too cool.   This includes the Cad protected areas of the LSV. 

Nothing like the lows on the Canadian, which seems to pretty much assume perfect radiational cooling conditions basically every night.

5 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Euro is cold run with trough in East with reinforcing cold fronts.   Storm brewing at hr 198 as cold retreats 

Verbatim there’s a nice little inch or two of bonus snow for some out ahead of that storm. Not saying it’ll happen, but I’d take it.

11 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Nothing like the lows on the Canadian, which seems to pretty much assume perfect radiational cooling conditions basically every night.

My comment was for the highs on the nam.  The lows on the Rgem/CMC, have been pretty decent.  GFS, Nam, Hrrr usually too warm.   IMBY thing I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Festus said:

WWA issued for Adams, York and Lancaster.  2 - 4".

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Does that mean I am getting a WSW? 

MU's take:

Snow will overspread the Lower Susquehanna Valley between ~ 7 and 11 p.m. Thursday evening and end around or shortly before daybreak Friday. I expect a general 2-4 inches across the region, but 5-6 inches is possible in the higher terrain of southern York and LanCo.

• Thanks 1