Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

4 minutes ago, Voyager said:

This is ridiculous cold... :angry:

It is quite anomalous.  I bought heating oil last month thinking I would be going into the summer with 3/4 of a tank.  I will be lucky to make 1/2 now and probably not even that with the cold April coming.    A 300 dollar or so blow to my budget. 

Last time for a night, day and night of winter weather in Williamsport this season, I think.

We are at 20 degrees at 3:45a; feels like 8.  Tomorrow's high will only be 27 and the low tomorrow night will be 19.  After that spring takes over with highs in the 40s, 50s and 60s for the rest of the next 10 days.  

I'll be complaining about the heat before I know it. 

• Haha 1

Interesting week….

Hazardous Weather Outlook

National Weather Service State College PA
436 AM EDT Mon Mar 28 2022

PAZ057>059-065-066-290845-
Dauphin-Schuylkill-Lebanon-York-Lancaster-

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central Pennsylvania.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

Isolated heavy snow showers and brief squalls are possible today
primarily to the northwest of the I-81 corridor.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Tuesday through Sunday.

A period of light snow and ice is possible early Wednesday.

Severe thunderstorms with damaging winds are possible Thursday.

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

Interesting week….

National Weather Service State College PA

PAZ057>059-065-066-290845-
Dauphin-Schuylkill-Lebanon-York-Lancaster-

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central Pennsylvania.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

Isolated heavy snow showers and brief squalls are possible today
primarily to the northwest of the I-81 corridor.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Tuesday through Sunday.

A period of light snow and ice is possible early Wednesday.

Severe thunderstorms with damaging winds are possible Thursday.

Thursday looks potentially quite bad especially the farther south and east you go. I think Marysville is outside of the 15% threat area from SPC. 

Got down to 19 last night.  Very impressive and may go lower tonight.  NWS has significantly reduced the forecasted highs for today, so that MDT min max record of 35 that @Bubbler86 has been all over for days may be short-lived.  I absolutely think we get some potent little streamers running through the LSV this afternoon.  It's March 28th and this may go down as one of the more brutal days of "winter".

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Got down to 19 last night.  Very impressive and may go lower tonight.  NWS has significantly reduced the forecasted highs for today, so that MDT min max record of 35 that @Bubbler86 has been all over for days may be short-lived.  I absolutely think we get some potent little streamers running through the LSV this afternoon.  It's March 28th and this may go down as one of the more brutal days of "winter".

You got a full 5 degrees lower than I did last night, and it wasn't a "prime radiational cooling" night either. Good stuff. 

Looking at all time monthly temperature record high/low for Harrisburg, the largest range is:

1. January - 95 degrees (high = 73, low = -22)

2. February - 92 degrees (high = 79, low = -13)

3. March - 88 degrees (high = 87, low = -1)

If we throw in wind chill this AM, we're probably looking at 60 degrees this WEEK (low wind chill today = 10, high temp Thursday = 70).

March indeed.

• Like 2

Got down to 23.5 just after sunrise this morning.  Now at 10:00am it's only up to 28.8.  The gusty winds have returned pushing the wind chill down into the upper teens.  Yesterday I had several brief rounds of snow showers that amounted to nothing more than a trace.  I'm surprised no one mentioned the radar during yesterday afternoon.  Those snow showers were all from lake erie with a pretty hefty lake effect going on.  The radar really looked like a classic January day with just about the entire state experiencing those snow showers.  After the 70's from last week it feels brutal out there.  I think our bodies acclimate much quicker from cold to warm versus a more gradual warm to cold in the fall.