• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Widespread Snow Potential January 16th to January 18th

sferic

ROC has been in the deformation band on almost every run -- great place to be if it holds. But there will be wiggles and wobbles, surely.

Not sure which I should be more concerned about:

A. low going farther SE or tighter precip shield that leaves WNY on the periphery

B. low going far enough NW that the deformation band quickly lifts through into Ontatio and we end up in the dry slot (I think mix is probably out of the picture *knock on wood*)

14 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

The kicker wave will be key...look at the changes already...

namconus_z500_vort_us_fh54_trend.gif

Yep not good. Just about lights out for here. I'm shocked BGM issued watches all the way to I81 and esp this early. Its marginal at best for warning criteria snowfall the way things have been looking.

• Like 1

Y'all realize you're talking about the NAM at 66+hrs right? See below:

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

I would start paying more attention to mesos starting tomorrow night and def sunday. They are going to be the best to pick up those sneaky warm layers that globals will not. Don't under estimate the power of that LLJ screaming off the atlantic into the system. That will transport warm air inland aloft. Maybe not enough for some to avoid IP but enough to lower snow ratios. That LLJ hose is also what creates your big deform band too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

I agree. Work will suffer today

Work has been suffering since last week and my boss isn't happy...

I'm the boss :lol:..

1 minute ago, vortmax said:

Y'all realize you're talking about the NAM at 66+hrs right?

When is the NAM really trustworthy..if ever? (Not retorical, actually asking)

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Not sure you'll see much lake enhancement during the storm.. maybe at the very end....

The " No pulse recorded band"  you see depicted on the models, is basically basically an occluded front from the old primary, where the deformation band forms....ie...mid levels...

You won't have a ton of instability at the lowest levels with 850 millibar temperatures only -4 at best...

Until we can sample that kicker impulse over the Pacific better, (like tonight and tomorrow's runs), we could potentially see some significant changes, especially in the mid level set up.

Ahh ok, would of thought with north east flow when winds back around it would get some enhancement

4 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

That enhancement is tough to predict. I’d expect a lot IF the mid levels aren’t crap. I’ve seen totals double with a NE wind for the border counties. I’d expect at least some help. 

At the very least, we'll see LE snow showers and a few more inches on very tail end. That would be nice. RH, 850s, wind, cyclonic flow all favor this as the LP is pulling away. Then the clipper, then more LE, then another storm possible 10 days out.

• Like 1