Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Somehow the models all show me staying as snow no matter where the low goes. My little spot has been locked in for 10" on every run for a while now.

I just don't see how I stay snow with a low well NW of me.

Cold air, I'm guessing

• Haha 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

That's what I think but ut won't matter to you or I. Thumpidity Thump to rain back to light snow. First call out Saturday. Some more kinks towards LI so maybe not done moving  we track

Wait, you dont think it matters whether it's over CHH vs Stamford?

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Somehow the models all show me staying as snow no matter where the low goes. My little spot has been locked in for 10" on every run for a while now.

I just don't see how I stay snow with a low well NW of me.

You will whine your self to over a foot. You have adopted the AEMATT way very quickly 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

No matter the outcome pretty happy I was able to identify Mon Tuesday as a major 16 days ago. Sometimes you just see the face. Next up the 22nd

Yea, you were better with the time frame...awesome. 

I was off by a few days last fall and had the RNA to PNA handoff backwards.

January Analogs: 1955, 1956, 1971, 1996, 2006 (x3), 2001, 2018, 2012, 1989, 1965, 1976
"There is a slight chance of a KU magnitude, Archambault type east coast snowfall between approximately December 28th and January 11th, as any residual high latitude blocking erodes and heights lower in the vicinity of Alaska and western Canada. Heights will also lower in the western US as the aleutian ridge retrogrades into the pacific and a sustained RNA accompanies the development of an active, zonal pacific storm track. 
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It certainly matters. A track near CHH would greatly limit the influx of warm air from the ocean to like 925-850. 

DT was saying that to me on twitter last night....I mentioned that 00z GEFS trended well east, and he said they didn't change much. I was like the mean went from Boston to the Benchmark lol