Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

7 minutes ago, Beach Snow said:

Dumb question but we want the energy to be ejected correct instead of held back?

With all the vorts flying around in the NS and digging south I am not sure it matters. The GFS almost got it done at 12z with a sw dropping in over top the western ridge and left most of that southwest energy behind. It's active and difficult to know what piece(s) of energy end up being 'the ones' at this juncture.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

With all the vorts flying around in the NS and digging south I am not sure it matters. The GFS almost got it done at 12z with a sw dropping in over top the western ridge and left most of that southwest energy behind. It's active and difficult to know what piece(s) of energy end up being 'the ones' at this juncture.

18z still has a lot of shit going on at h5

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

Can ya imagine the level of neruoticism if we could spin every hour? (Insert 03z GFS...lol)

Not going to imagine that. 4 times a day, plus NAM, and twice Euro, 2 more for 6z and 18z run for all the power weenies out there, and I think we have enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yeah and it shows the range of possibilities in this pattern. A coastal hugger/inland track is even on the table with the progressive flow and so much NS energy digging.

Now I know this is just one solution and still day 6/7, but just out of curiosity for understanding...

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_27.thumb.png.d3a4793dbdf2ff8e629d2c3584ff5505.png

Now theoretically...this wouldn't be too good for down here, would it? With the Low overhead? Would it be a transfer with a snow hole?

I ask because I wonder if we need to root for the wave before this one so that one can get here before that Low to the north gets here? Lol (of course I know we always like the HP up there instead)

6 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Now I know this is just one solution and still day 6/7, but just out of curiosity for understanding...

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_27.thumb.png.d3a4793dbdf2ff8e629d2c3584ff5505.png

Now theoretically...this wouldn't be too good for down here, would it? With the Low overhead? Would it be a transfer with a snow hole?

I ask because I wonder if we need to root for the wave before this one so that one can get here before that Low to the north gets here? Lol (of course I know we always like the HP up there instead)

That's a function of the highly amplified (and progressive) pattern. Anticyclonic wave breaking is going to send chunks of the TPV southward, and timing is everything. Its volatile. Then when those vortices rotate out and up into the NA, wave breaking can induce a big transient ridge in the NAO space. That was a radical ass GFS run. Turbulent flow on the largest scale. Love it. Buckle up!

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic