joxey
2pm Saturday, 11/20 @ Funky Murphy's ORH

40/70 Benchmark

GTG in November or December  

22 members have voted

1. 1. November or December?

2. 2. Boston or Worcester?

48 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Enforcement seems to be on the county/town level and in Massachusetts.  Here in Connecticut I don't know of any such measures. I do see alot of people wearing masks where I live,  mostly older folks. 

I know you have some risk factors, so sorry to sound abrasive, but there is ZERO reason to mandate masks in a bar at this point...or anywhere children are not. Every adult has had the opportunity to be vaccinated, and if they haven't, that is on them. If we can not shed the mask in a theoretically fully vaccinated segment of the population, then its fair to wonder what in the hell are we are doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I know you have some risk factors, so sorry to sound abrasive, but there is ZERO reason to mandate masks in a bar at this point...or anywhere children are not. Every adult has had the opportunity to be vaccinated, and if they haven't, that is on them. If we can not shed the mask in a theoretically fully vaccinated segment of the population, then its fair to wonder what in the hell are we are doing.

I agree with you,  I visited my doctor on Monday and you can't enter the building without wearing a mask at all times regardless of vaccination status.  What's the point of being vaccinated? 

And the spotty mask compliance which varies from town/county is idiotic. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I agree with you,  I visited my doctor on Monday and you can't enter the building without wearing a mask at all times regardless of vaccination status.  What's the point of being vaccinated? 

And the spotty mask compliance which varies from town/county is idiotic. 

We have state employees losing their jobs due to a vaccine mandate, yet masks continue to be mandated by elected state government officials. Its because this virus has been so politicized that everyone is just covering their own a$$es at least excuse imaginable.

• Like 1

I didn't mean to cause trouble. I just thought I would check and mention the mask mandate.  I know about this because I came across it grocery shopping in Agawam last month.  I wasn't wearing a mask or carrying one. I was approached by the manager and asked to put one on or leave the store.  It's difficult for me to walk back to my car, so I left.

2 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I didn't mean to cause trouble. I just thought I would check and mention the mask mandate.  I know about this because I came across it grocery shopping in Agawam last month.  I wasn't wearing a mask or carrying one. I was approached by the manager and asked to put one on or leave the store.  It's difficult for me to walk back to my car, so I left.

You didn't cause trouble...I took it OT because the residual covid BS is a real trigger for me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If I had realized, I wouldn't have had it there.

Once you are inside with food or a drink, they won't care. Everyone takes them off. Something like 94% of MA adults are vaxxed anyway...it's mostly a performative mandate.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Once you are inside with food or a drink, they won't care. Everyone takes them off. Something like 94% of MA adults are vaxxed anyway...it's mostly a performative mandate.

That is how it was in Uganda...you needed to get into places, but then no one cared.

1 minute ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

That was my experience eating dinner in Springfield last week.  But Springfield ended the mask mandate on 11/1. 

I live in a high mask mandate area.  No one wears them in restaurants other than to enter.  Supermarkets and other indoor spaces have nearly 100% masking even if a given town has no mandate.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

I live in a high mask mandate area.  No one wears them in restaurants other than to enter.  Supermarkets and other indoor spaces have nearly 100% masking even if a given town has no mandate.

Really? Different world down here. There was an uptick for a while with people wearing masks again, but it has definitely gone down recently.

Id say any given time I go to target or big y in easton (stores we frequent the most) mask wearing is no more than 40-50% of the time, sometimes less.

32 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Really? Different world down here. There was an uptick for a while with people wearing masks again, but it has definitely gone down recently.

Id say any given time I go to target or big y in easton (stores we frequent the most) mask wearing is no more than 40-50% of the time, sometimes less.

It' about 50/50 here I'd say. Back around late Aug and Sept, it had crept up to like 70-75% masked, but has since fallen back down to about half. Still not down to the low of maybe 20% we saw back in June (mostly pre-Delta).

3 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Costco in Dedham is at least 80%+.   The sign on the door recommends.   Brookline/Boston/Newton all have mandates but no one really seems to care about violating it.   All kinds of variability in how people deal with it.   Some are still masking indoors and out but most people are living life.