Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

8 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Heck even down my way it looked mostly snow on the soundings. Like you 99 was definitely a sleet sounding, and for me 96 was iffy but i'd lean snow. 

Yea, all the central and eastern NC guys are upset over the late amping, but back our way that doesn’t matter so much if the low can start off far enough south. Ukmet is a dream run for us (except qpf is kinda modest). even though it winds up turning up to hard for places to our east. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

The main thread is a disaster, thank goodness for this one

Thinking about coming up again and getting the storm I wanted 2 weekends ago... reading that main thread made me almost change my mind about wanting to come. LOL...  it's looking like that Mitchell/McDowell line this time around could be close to jackpot on the last several runs

5 minutes ago, LiQuiDBuD said:

Mass suicide in the main thread right now. Glad to be able to join all you mountain folks right here!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Yep on both sites...obviously highly populated with central nc folks. Last storm I never had a shot so I sat on the sideline and cheered on and admired the video and pics.

For nw sc and ne ga which are mountainous so hopefully I'm allowed to post with you fellas, I firmly believe and have seen the gradient before where we stayed mostly snow with a transition to sleet turning back to snow. The temp profiles look great early on and possibly could lock in if some precip moves in earlier than modeled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oconeexman said:

Yep on both sites...obviously highly populated with central nc folks. Last storm I never had a shot so I sat on the sideline and cheered on and admired the video and pics.

For nw sc and ne ga which are mountainous so hopefully I'm allowed to post with you fellas, I firmly believe and have seen the gradient before where we stayed mostly snow with a transition to sleet turning back to snow. The temp profiles look great early on and possibly could lock in if some precip moves in earlier than modeled.

You say both sites. What is the other site you're referring to?

• jburns unpinned this topic