Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Just now, burrel2 said:

Honestly,  cmc is great for the western upstate. Front end 4-8 inch thump followed by sleet with temps around 25. 

I thought that's what I saw. I'm all in so far...we may fail in the end but I'm still pumped for our area. I get the changeover is more likely to occur but if I can watch that much snow fall and accumulate I'd be perfectly fine.

Amazing setup on the Euro. Wow.... That quick transition on the low before it even got up into Tennessee was perfect. Super long duration event. I'm used to 8-12 hour storms and verbatim that has precip for over 24 hours. As always with Miller B though, I'm wary of a dry slot.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

If the euro is correct I wouldn't be surprised to see 18" totals around highlands cashiers

Franklin to Toxaway corridor is gonna jackpot with the favorded area in the border counties having to play catch-up with backside NWFS to get close to their totals IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxKnurd said:

Franklin to Toxaway corridor is gonna jackpot with the favorded area in the border counties having to play catch-up with backside NWFS to get close to their totals IMO

I was just looking at the low bombing in Central PA! Should be some good upslope for the border counties 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Amazing setup on the Euro. Wow.... That quick transition on the low before it even got up into Tennessee was perfect. Super long duration event. I'm used to 8-12 hour storms and verbatim that has precip for over 24 hours. As always with Miller B though, I'm wary of a dry slot.

No joke. Been waiting for a long 12+ hour duration event. Maybe this is the one.

1 minute ago, WxKnurd said:

64 Special incoming. From Hendo to Brevard up to Toxaway, Cashiers, Highlands and Franklin. I can see 15+ in some of the higher elevations around there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueRidgeFolklore said:

64 Special incoming. From Hendo to Brevard up to Toxaway, Cashiers, Highlands and Franklin. I can see 15+ in some of the higher elevations around there. 

Those 6k foot peaks running the border of southern Haywood are gonna get rocked too.  Would love to be on Richland or Black Balsam during the storm.

• Like 3

Yeah mountains wide this is the best setup we have seen in several years. We have cold air in place, a deep low bombing out, deep moisture from the Gulf,  a very strong cold front blasting through with rich moisture wrapping around the low and the cold air squeezing out every ounce of moisture in the air that will fall across the mountains.  This could be one heck of a storm. 

• Like 5

• jburns unpinned this topic