Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

12 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Taunton has 1 hazardous waste collection day a year and it was in august. Other than that, nothing else I can see. Closest facility I can find is in Sutton ma, and it’s open 2 days a week, while I’m at work of course.

You would think they'd make it easier to dispose of waste like that to discourage people from just dumping it down the drain...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

As long as it isn't too much, I've taken old gas and put it in the cars, mixed with mostly fresh gas. It doesn't hurt anything, modern cars are able to adjust the timing and fuel/air ratio to compensate if needed. 

I've done the same but I think his issue was he suspects water got into the gas, which basically makes it a liability for engines of any kind.

41 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

You would think they'd make it easier to dispose of waste like that to discourage people from just dumping it down the drain...

Household has waste collection is pretty expensive for most cities.  At my old job we would sometimes get hired to run those.  I hated the once per year ones.   Some communities (rare) are able to fund year round ones but it is pricey.  

It’s all hazmat and is done much differently than regular municipal waste.  

But check with your local board of health.  They might have some options available to you.  

3 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

He didn't look good last time he was on during the playoffs. Guy fought cancer for years. My favorite announcer of all time, he will be missed.

Local kid made good.  He was from Somerset.   Not the most skilled player or speaker but he went way above expectations in both 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

He was skilled, excellent second basement and could hit decent and had speed til he messed up his knees, that's why his career was short.

I guess I should have worded it differently.  He wasn’t born with the raw talent that some are and really worked to develop into a first rate player and later broadcaster (his early years were interesting). He and Rooster were a great double play combo 

4 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I guess I should have worded it differently.  He wasn’t born with the raw talent that some are and really worked to develop into a first rate player and later broadcaster (his early years were interesting). He and Rooster were a great double play combo 

That makes sense, he hit over 300 a couple times and was an All Star at least once.

• Like 1