Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Weather Thread - New England

TalcottWx

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So Joey not 2 miles north got crushed with rain.. my buddy 2 miles south got crushed with rain. Here nothing. Driveway dry . But man did it rip . That was 110% legit severe storm . With Stein rain 

45 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This airmass is so ridiculously warm. After the Tstein it was 70.5. It’s now warmedback up almost 3 hours later after dark to 76

It's warm, but we're mixed a bit and have some clouds. Last night was worse here at this time. 80F at 11pm vs 74F now.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's warm, but we're mixed a bit and have some clouds. Last night was worse here at this time. 80F at 11pm vs 74F now.

I think this sky pic I took tonight almost captured the painted sky I saw. Really beautiful as the Enfield storm fell apart as it approached me. Cool stuff on a hot night.

20210812_190329.jpg

20210812_185520.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The remnant EML must have helped today. You don’t see winds like that from a gust front for 10-15 minutes. Were the winds in Enfield damaging in gust front or during core of storms?

The gust front is what got us in Westfield. Not much during the storm. My mom in Enfield said it was almost equally as bad during the storm

36 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Last evening was quite an excellent storm. I haven't heard nearly continuous thunder like that, for that long in a while! The light show looking towards the Suffield / Granby area was sweet. Hopefully we repeat today

Today seems like it could be more isolated than how widespread yesterday was