• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

21 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

How is the Euro looking today for later this week?

Trough starts out to our west like the GFS but is more progressive and migrates East as it opens up a bit.   Triple digit temps possible early-mid week.   Then more normal temps and better DP's into the weekend with scattered rain but the overall qpf map is not all that impressive for being 10 days out. 

image.png.a9b4acf2b45cfdd1f2220da3e10f4a0b.png

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think Mahantango is going triple digits.   Might have to dust off the record books to see where this June ranks in the hottest ever.   Surely not top but maybe top 10-15. 

Haven't had rain here since last Tues morning and that was only .30 we missed those thunderstorms Monday and last Sunday. It is dry here. Yesterday I seen the young field corn curling up, 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think Mahantango is going triple digits.   Might have to dust off the record books to see where this June ranks in the hottest ever.   Surely not top but maybe top 10-15. 

I just went back to 2000 and this June will easily be the hottest of any of the last 21 years and other than 2005 it is not even close.  June 2021 will end up 2-3 degrees warmer than any June since 2000 except 2005 when we were 2.4 above average.   I think the premise that people think we have had a "cool" start to summer reinforces how hot our climate is becoming when a cool start to summer is the hottest month on record of the last 21 same months.  Some of this is because of the GFS's trend to show cold and people like me posting it I guess. 

• Thanks 1

Location Time
(edt)
Sky/Weather Temp.
(ºF)
Dewpt.
(ºF)
Humidity
(%)
Wind
(mph)
Pressure
(in)
Harrisburg, Harrisburg International Airport 04:56 Mostly Cloudy 77 68 74 E 3 30.19
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport 04:56 Fair 76 68 77 Calm 30.19
Lancaster, Lancaster Airport 04:53 Fair 75 70 84 Calm 30.21
Muir Army Air Field / Indiantown 04:56 Fair 71 69 95 Calm 30.21
Selinsgrove Penn Valley Airport 04:53 A Few Clouds 70 69 97 Calm 30.19
York, York Airport 04:53 Partly Cloudy 76 68 77 Calm 30.20
My temp to start this morning is 71 this very unusual to start the morning this warm.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Muggy 72 here this AM.  Euro clears out the front for the weekend but in the process has far too little qpf falling over the next 10 days so not optimal on that front. Highs in the low 80's Sat and Sun and upper 80's Mon. 

Things have gone back to normal, back to rooting against the Euro.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yep.  I get the feeling some here do not believe it if the Euro does not show it so instead of mentioning that the GFS and Canadian are  wetter I just mention the Euro for a groggy Monday AM.  LOL. 

The GFS and CMC show some crazy stuff sometimes, but I no longer see them as inferior.