• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

We are in the (unenviable?) position of rooting for the Euro.  The GFS is terrible for comfortable weather fans.   Week and 1/2 of dry and hot.  

The beautiful trough is there on the GFS but it sits in the wrong location and doesn’t move.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT never goes below 70 all next week. 

That is disgusting lol. I know some people seem to love this weather, but humidity almost always comes with anything 80+ around here. We just don’t do 85 with dewpoints under 60. 

56 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Can someone explain the Short Pump thing to me?  I'm still a bit to new to get where it came from.

If I remember correctly, it started last winter in the MD/DC/VA thread where someone from the Short Pump, VA area was making posts about not getting snow. Soon, the running joke became about "how much for Short Pump?"

Careful - when you make a post on here, it can and will be held against you :) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If I remember correctly, it started last winter in the MD/DC/VA thread where someone from the Short Pump, VA area was making posts about not getting snow. Soon, the running joke became about "how much for Short Pump?"

I think Short Pump shows up instead of Richmond for some reason on some NWS maps if I recall correctly as well. And it’s complete with some double entendres that they seem to really enjoy.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Roger that!

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I think Short Pump shows up instead of Richmond for some reason on some NWS maps if I recall correctly as well. And it’s complete with some double entendres that they seem to really enjoy.

I figured there had to be some sort of sexual connotation with it haha.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Knowing that group I suspect part of the fascination is a bit shady in "short pump sounds like short bus".  Now what is this about a double entrée? 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Knowing that group I suspect part of the fascination is a bit shady in "short pump sounds like short bus".  Now what is this about a double entrée? 

Nah, I’m wrong. Only a handful of the 122 posts that mention it refer to the “pump” in such a way.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Nah, I’m wrong. Only a handful of the 122 posts that mention it refer to the “pump” in such a way.

Everyone probably has their own meaning and story behind why they giggle when they say it.   The Palouse is the more refined area of the season.  I actually just spoke with a friend who lives on the west side of the Cascades, still remote but not in the 120+ area, and people there are freaking about about the 95-100 possibility there so folks on the East side are surely in a tizzy.  Lots without A/C.

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

What's the landscape look like out your way? She's not looking healthy in my 'hood...

I have the one side of my yard which was completely redone with sod and that is doing "ok" but will probably be suffering by this time next week.  The other side is the original grass when I was here and its doing fine as it has a lot of shade.   I do not think I lose my sod/grass this year but its probably going to yellow and stop growing for awhile.   Pretty much anyone's yard in full sun is turning in the next few days out here. 

• Thanks 1