Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Even in late June. :)

Up to 83 here...probably will be the high, but we'll see. 

I think the PBP's have been more intense the last few weeks than many winter weeks.  I guess you have me and our guest lecturer from Pitt to blame.  I feel bad for the people who do not WFH and come to the thread and see 3-5 pages of PBP in the summer.  LOL 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I lost count of how many fantastic evenings there's been to hang on the deck or hit the firepit this late spring and summer . Another 70s high with low dews 

Yup. It’s been a perfect summer thus far. That probably changes through October,  but hey beggars can’t be choosers.  

45 minutes ago, canderson said:

I’m going on record to say MDT hits 90 this October. 

If we have to pay for what will probably end up being a plus 4 June departure, I am calling foul.  Last June was much cooler.   Only 4 daily minimums stayed 70 or higher last June.  This June may end up with 8 or 9.  Already 5.

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

It's back. 

There are 7(!) days on that run out of the first 8 days of July where I don’t get to 70, and a few of them I don’t even get to 60. Again, a high in the 50s in July has occurred once in Pittsburgh.

What that run actually does is it sets up that trough, but then reinforces it with a second, stronger trough out of the upper Midwest. But clearly it’s not without rain, so that gets in the way of the 4th.

CMC is on board with the trough too.

That heat in the pacific northwest is absolutely blowing my mind. Portland Oregon is 107 today which breaks the record of 101 in 2006...then monday is 115 degrees. Even the temperature of 97 on tuesday gets close to breaking their record high. The 114 and 115 degree days will blast any temperature on any day in recorded history.

That heat in the pacific northwest is absolutely blowing my mind. Portland Oregon is 107 today which breaks the record of 101 in 2006...then monday is 115 degrees. Even the temperature of 97 on tuesday gets close to breaking their record high. The 114 and 115 degree days will blast any temperature on any day in recorded history.

Unimaginable

2 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Imagine breaking an all time heat record by 8 degrees, which is a possibility for both Portland and Seattle. To put that into perspective, Harrisburg’s record is the same as Portland’s at 107, so this is the equivalent of central PA getting to 115. At this juncture, all models show Portland breaking the 107 on both Sunday and Monday, and the high end of guidance (GFS) takes them to 118 on Monday.

11 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Imagine breaking an all time heat record by 8 degrees, which is a possibility for both Portland and Seattle. To put that into perspective, Harrisburg’s record is the same as Portland’s at 107, so this is the equivalent of central PA getting to 115. At this juncture, all models show Portland breaking the 107 on both Sunday and Monday, and the high end of guidance (GFS) takes them to 118 on Monday.

And lots of people with no air conditioning. 

2 hours ago, TimB84 said:

There are 7(!) days on that run out of the first 8 days of July where I don’t get to 70, and a few of them I don’t even get to 60. Again, a high in the 50s in July has occurred once in Pittsburgh.

What that run actually does is it sets up that trough, but then reinforces it with a second, stronger trough out of the upper Midwest. But clearly it’s not without rain, so that gets in the way of the 4th.

CMC is on board with the trough too.

It's a complete reversal from its frying pan runs yesterday.  Seems the 4th is up for grabs with no sight of consistent modeling. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It's a complete reversal from its frying pan runs yesterday.  Seems the 4th is up for grabs with no sight of consistent modeling. 

Easier to cope with the heat through midweek when we know there’s a decent chance of light at the end of the tunnel.