• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

Would be ideal to get a hit in before front pushes in later in week.  

I mowed the part of my yard that is mature, yesterday, and its on the precipice of going dormant which eventually leads to brown off.  If we get no rain until Thursday it will have passed to the bad side.  FYI, 3K has those storms for today as well.  Very hit and miss but something. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I mowed the part of my yard that is mature, yesterday, and its on the precipice of going dormant which eventually leads to brown off.  If we get no rain until Thursday it will have passed to the bad side.  FYI, 3K has those storms for today as well.  Very hit and miss but something. 

Sterling carrying 40% pops for bordering counties so I’m riding that.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Thought it’d be mugger this morning. 78/70 at 10 am. Maybe my week in Texas has distorted my PA humidity levels lol. 

When I see someone say they could never live through a Florida summer I know that they could.  Spending a few weeks there and you get used to it.  May not like it but you tolerate.  

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

When I see someone say they could never live through a Florida summer I know that they could.  Spending a few weeks there and you get used to it.  May not like it but you tolerate.  

Granted, I've only spent 5 full weeks in Central Florida in the middle of the summer, but each time I was there the humidity was comparable to up here, and the temps here were warmer. Not saying it was comfortable, but I expected worse given all the "hype" regarding Florida summers. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Granted, I've only spent 5 full weeks in Central Florida in the middle of the summer, but each time I was there the humidity was comparable and the temps here were warmer. Not saying it was comfortable, but I expected worse given all the "hype" regarding Florida summers. 

Its not that it is worse its that it never stops.  There are often no cold fronts from May through October.  Its gets tiring getting up and not being able to see out of your window because the humidity has it covered in condensation.    I have mentioned it on here before but it rarely hits 100 down there...very rare.  TPA has never recorded a temp of 100.  So it is definitely hotter here as to extremes.   It just gets to 93-98 almost every day in the summer.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Even Orlando which cannot claim "ocean is nearby" has an all time high of only 101.  Its rare to get 100 down there. 

100's are hard to get in high humidity. Even in AZ, any monsoon day is 100 - 105 generally as opposed to the 110's on dry days.

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

100's are hard to get in high humidity. Even in AZ, any monsoon day is 100 - 105 generally as opposed to the 110's on dry days.

Yep, the heat in Florida is a bit over stated because it is almost always humid on the peninsula from May through October and is usually humid other days all months. 

Interesting we are talking about Florida…I’m down here right now in Central Florida and have been since Wednesday! Everyone says that Florida is so hot and humid, but honestly it’s not terrible. In fact, when the sun is behind the clouds or if it rains, it is actually quite comfortable. Is it humid still? Yeah, but no different than at home in PA. Everyday so far that I have been down here, it has stormed…so the temperature/humidity has been tolerable. 

Also, it is so much easier to get multiple rounds of thunderstorms down here in a day. In PA it is almost always once and done for the day. 

4 minutes ago, Storm Clouds said:

Interesting we are talking about Florida…I’m down here right now in Central Florida and have been since Wednesday! Everyone says that Florida is so hot and humid, but honestly it’s not terrible. In fact, when the sun is behind the clouds or if it rains, it is actually quite comfortable. Is it humid still? Yeah, but no different than at home in PA. Everyday so far that I have been down here, it has stormed…so the temperature/humidity has been tolerable. 

Also, it is so much easier to get multiple rounds of thunderstorms down here in a day. In PA it is almost always once and done for the day. 

After the storms are the worst for me.  The temp may be down a bit for an hour or so but the humidity skyrockets and makes being outside less tolerable. 

CTP has highs in the 70’s and a chance of showers on Friday & Saturday for the Harrisburg area.

Friday
Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Friday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Saturday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its not that it is worse its that it never stops.  There are often no cold fronts from May through October.  Its gets tiring getting up and not being able to see out of your window because the humidity has it covered in condensation.    I have mentioned it on here before but it rarely hits 100 down there...very rare.  TPA has never recorded a temp of 100.  So it is definitely hotter here as to extremes.   It just gets to 93-98 almost every day in the summer.  

Very true. All good points. No relief in sight from early May until late fall. And I've never spent more than 10 days at a time down there.