• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Hopefully those farts produce some actual drops and not just gas. Ready for some rain. 

The HRRR has our back rain wise...not so much severe wise.   Actually, like the 3K nam yesterday, sends the more severe stuff through S/W PA into WV and MD and/or has better formation to our east. 

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

Overcast here with just waves of increasing brightness then decreasing brightness.  High temp so far is 78.6 which I am still near.  Dew point has been steady all morning near 71 degrees.

81.1/72 here. Kind of day when I walk outside, lenses fog up immediately. Sky conditions are the same here...peeks of sun, but overall it's still cloudy. 

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

Still full of clouds - lets hope for some rain!

But the Pillow Carnival is going on tonight. Some people have prepared all year for that (two years maybe, if it got cancelled last year) and I wouldn’t want them to get rained out.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Does anyone know when the next SPC update will be? I wasn't sure exactly how often they update their disco and maps. Thanks. 

9:00 am, 12:30, 4:00, 9:00 pm (eastern)

Latest outlook was largely the same as the morning one, though I’m sure the disco is worth looking at.

Edit: as Newman mentioned below, the tornado outlook has decreased over PA.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Does anyone know when the next SPC update will be? I wasn't sure exactly how often they update their disco and maps. Thanks. 

Latest 1630z outlook still has the enhanced risk, shifted the tornado threat furthest east to the coast.

day1otlk_1630.gif

day1probotlk_1630_torn.gif

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Pillow has had enough rain this month, based on what I’ve seen from @mahantango#1. Hopefully you and @Bubbler86and @Mount Joy Snowmancan win today.

Thanks.  I think Training is getting dried out fast as well...and some of our York brethren.  Radar does not look overly enthusiastic yet. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Thanks.  I think Training is getting dried out fast as well...and some of our York brethren.  Radar does not look overly enthusiastic yet. 

when looking at the temp and dp's, it looks more like a run o da mill frontal passage w/ some rain on it.  Didnt see enough variance on either side of the front to lift my eyebrows much.  it is a bit thick out so I'm sure theres enough saturation for some good rain, but I guess we'll see if there is more of a show in a few hours.  

• Like 2