Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

18 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I talk about weather in my home subforum, which doesn’t have a covid thread, so where else am I going to talk about covid?

Well it should’ve been in every sub-forum or not at all.  The problem with discussions like that where people have such incredibly strong opinions is it degrades rapidly with the more people who join.

A small group, even of different viewpoints, can reach an understanding of how to converse about it in an adult manner like you would sitting on a back porch with some friends.  Add in another couple dozen strangers who haven’t read the room or the customs of that conversation and you can no longer politely discuss that topic like adults.

And that’s what happens and it’s gone.

Just now, forkyfork said:

and how do i treat those people

With all the love and respect you always give Mike. I moderate and have suspended, banned and permanently banned. Like Anthony said there are a few weirdos but then again you are in that category,  wishing death on children etc...

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

Problem would be solved if a few were banned, instantly, and permanently. 

This is a weather board... so it should be for weather.  Political can go in OT or it's own board.  The powers that be said no politics (the announcement like two months ago) and it seems many didn't listen