• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JimMadson
    Newest Member
    JimMadson

May Discobs 2021

9 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Observed what appeared to be melted snowflakes on car windshield heading on I-70-east at HoCo-Balto County line.  Car thermometer was down to 44 at that time.  Back up to 49 by the time I reached I-695.

Thick, pasty, globules on our slider during the heaviest part of the storm.  This is all I managed to capture.

image.jpeg.2e1ffd8b846ce2d0c779af6f6206c29d.jpeg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, mattie g said:

Maybe in a couple months I’ll be looking forward to it, but right now I just want it to be warm.

The last thing I want in spring is cool weather.

I’ve had 1.25” for May so far in my backyard, and I’m enjoying the cooler weather if for no other reason to hopefully delay the cicadas until after the Preakness. Though it would be a hoot to see them swarming at Pimlico.

Happy Mother's Day to all our moms! This is also my son's birthday so we have two celebrations going on at once. :lol:

I took a picture of these clouds because I've never seen this before- looks like perfect cylinders in the sky stacked next to each other with perfect straight lines in between (that's my best description). What causes this?

IMG_2871.JPG

51 here and mostly cloudy.

Some milder/drier air should work in from the SW ahead of the the low tracking to our north. Have my doubts about getting to 66 as forecast but we shall see. Need the clouds to break.

I wont complain about the chilly weather as long as it is dry enough where I can get stuff done outside, and I much prefer it to sweating and fighting off bugs.

3 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Happy Mother's Day to all our moms! This is also my son's birthday so we have two celebrations going on at once. :lol:

I took a picture of these clouds because I've never seen this before- looks like perfect cylinders in the sky stacked next to each other with perfect straight lines in between (that's my best description). What causes this?

IMG_2871.JPG

My guess is turbulence/mixing due to warmer air moving in aloft above the cooler surface.

Sort of like a Karman vortex street oriented on a horizontal plane. Pretty cool looking.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, CAPE said:

51 here and mostly cloudy.

Some milder/drier air should work in from the SW ahead of the the low tracking to our north. Have my doubts about getting to 66 as forecast but we shall see. Need the clouds to break.

I wont complain about the chilly weather as long as it is dry enough where I can get stuff done outside, and I much prefer it to sweating and fighting off bugs.

Forecast high is 71 here, but we’re sitting at 51. Without sun or some sort of mixing, we’re not getting close to that.

14 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Forecast high is 71 here, but we’re sitting at 51. Without sun or some sort of mixing, we’re not getting close to that.

Ugh.. it's been cloudy and 51 since last November lol. So over it.

Just now, dailylurker said:

Ugh.. it's been cloudy and 51 since last November lol. So over it.

Except when its sunny and 88 lol.

Not sure we can really get a week of sunny and 70s. Average isn't "normal".

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Except when its sunny and 88 lol.

Not sure we can really get a week of sunny and 70s. Average isn't "normal".

Totally true. It's either 88 and blazing sun or cloudy a 51. Sunny and 70-75 is as rare as 28 with snow. Our specialty is 33 and rain and 95 and drought lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Totally true. It's either 88 and blazing sun or cloudy a 51. Sunny and 70-75 is as rare as 28 with snow. Our specialty is 33 and rain and 95 and drought lol. 

lol 33 and rain requires temps to be 10+ degrees below average :lol: