Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2021

George BM

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I picked that up a couple of weeks ago as part of a 12 pack at a craft beer store on Kent island.

Just drank one. Pretty decent, but I have had plenty of other NE IPAs I like better. Not overly hazy or fruity, and I really didn't get much from the oat milk. Was expecting a more creamy mouthfeel.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I picked that up a couple of weeks ago as part of a 12 pack at a craft beer store on Kent island.

Generally speaking, I never met a Dogfish Head brew that I didn't get along with. Driving back from the Sterling brewery mini-crawl last weekend, we passed the Dogfish Head AleHouse & restaurant in Chantilly on the way home. We briefly considered stopping for dinner, but then we'd have felt the pressure to get some fresh draughts there, and at that point, we did NOT need anymore. I love when they pour their fresh draft mix of "black and tan" at the restaurant. #YUM

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Just drank one. Pretty decent, but I have had plenty of other NE IPAs I like better. Not overly hazy or fruity, and I really didn't get much from the oat milk. Was expecting a more creamy mouthfeel.

As part of a sampler pack, I didn’t have overly high expectations. It’s good but but like you said, there are a ton of really good hazy ipa’s out there.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Generally speaking, I never met a Dogfish Head brew that I didn't get along with. Driving back from the Sterling brewery mini-crawl last weekend, we passed the Dogfish Head AleHouse & restaurant in Chantilly on the way home. We briefly considered stopping for dinner, but then we'd have felt the pressure to get some fresh draughts there, and at that point, we did NOT need anymore. I love when they pour their fresh draft mix of "black and tan" at the restaurant. #YUM

Yeah I am a big DFH fan in general. That said, I especially like their high gravity beers, and others don't lol. They aren't for everyone, but they defo are for me. :drunk:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

So apparently in MD if your BMI is over 25 you’re eligible for phase 2b? Mine is just over... I feel rather conflicted since I think BMI is mostly crap. 

If you can get it, roll up your sleeve and get the shot. I understand not wanting to cut the line but it’s pretty clear they are deliberately blurring the qualifiers.

eta: Not to mention that I’ll bet you’d qualify for 2c so it’s at most a two week difference.

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

50 games last year and one shutout win. This year, one for one. Go O’s!

42 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Nice win. Probably on the way to a 100 loss season but hey enjoy the day.

37 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Good win O’s!!

Best thing today was John Means returning to his 2019 form. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

If you can get it, roll up your sleeve and get the shot. I understand not wanting to cut the line but it’s pretty clear they are deliberately blurring the qualifiers.

eta: Not to mention that I’ll bet you’d qualify for 2c so it’s at most a two week difference.

I’m definitely going to get it, but being lumped in with people who have cancer, diabetes, asthma, etc. is kinda BS. I’m not “essential” by the 2c standards. Maybe I’ll see how things go the next week or two and then just do it. Or drive to the Salisbury mass vaccine site where I guess they’re doing walk ups?

Honestly I'd not hesitate to act.

The country is going to be swimming in vaccines by the end of the month, multiple suppliers all revving up production.

I'd expect vaccination to be compulsory by the end of May, in order to help restore normal activity.

14 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I’m definitely going to get it, but being lumped in with people who have cancer, diabetes, asthma, etc. is kinda BS. I’m not “essential” by the 2c standards. Maybe I’ll see how things go the next week or two and then just do it. Or drive to the Salisbury mass vaccine site where I guess they’re doing walk ups?

I understand the moral dilemma. At the same time, reading the document of essential employees, just about anyone with a job qualifies for 2C in Maryland. 

https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/ECIW_4.0_Guidance_on_Essential_Critical_Infrastructure_Workers_Final3_508_0.pdf

41 minutes ago, etudiant said:

Honestly I'd not hesitate to act.

The country is going to be swimming in vaccines by the end of the month, multiple suppliers all revving up production.

I'd expect vaccination to be compulsory by the end of May, in order to help restore normal activity.

Compulsory. Not a chance in hell.

7 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Oh yes. I totally agree. Possibly even sooner

There’s clearly been a big expansion in availability this last week. The Twitter account I follow that posts open slots has had tons each day the last week. 

20 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Compulsory. Not a chance in hell.

Think it will be like a drivers license, you'll need it if you want to use air transport and and maybe also rail and bus transport, as well as attending mass performances like concerts.

So not  'compulsory', but pretty close.

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I was there . Incredible moment 

Super loud crowd . I was off  3rd base  in 1st row of upper deck .

That's awesome! I was at game 1 the day before. It was a 5 pm start. Spent the afternoon at pickles before the game. Awesome day! 

I was down the 3rd base line. Lower level second row.

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Yeah, I agree. But I feel like almost everyone who wants a vaccine will have gotten it or have an appointment by June 1 or so.

Picked up my shot on Thursday. There were open appointments down in North Carolina so I sent a message to the clinic there and they were enthusiastic about getting more shots in arms, so I went. No reaction other than a slightly sore arm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

Interesting one from Mobtown...imperial stout aged 6 months in oak barrels and then aged 15 months in red wine Pinot Nior Barrels. I am not a red wine fan but this was actually decent. The balance between sweet and dry was good. 

You Baltimore crew have access to some of the most interesting beers....dang!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Picked up my shot on Thursday. There were open appointments down in North Carolina so I sent a message to the clinic there and they were enthusiastic about getting more shots in arms, so I went. No reaction other than a slightly sore arm.

Supply far outpacing demand now, glad you got it.  I made my 2nd shot appt. today for next Thursday.  

• Like 2

On 4/1/2021 at 9:27 AM, MillvilleWx said:

I'm so excited to watch the Orioles offense and defense develop this year. I'm not even going to bother with pitching. I can see a few spurts and gems here and there, but it'll be another rough one to watch. I can see this squad being sneaky good offensively but historically bad pitching, which will likely lend to another 100 loss season. Development is all I ask for. Just having a full baseball season on the TV with the look of green grass will be enough to make me happy. 

Happy Opening Day Y'all! :drunk:

Lol......after 1 game,  your pitching prediction stumbled out of the gate  (like  the GFS in winter).  I'm sure that the Orioles are in for struggles this season, however, that opening day pitching performance was historically badass.  Great to see baseball back.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Man...just looking through my old Maxim magazines and found a cover from 1999 with  Jennifer Love Hewitt on the front.  OMG!! :popcorn:

Am working my way through Star Trek: Enterprise after being away from it for nearly 20 years now. I vaguely remember Jolene Blalock, who is T'Pol on ST:E, made pretty regular appearances in Maxim back in the day. She IS an underrated actress -- I'd say she and Nimoy have done the best out of dozens of actors/actresses who've played Vulcans in all incarnations of ST over the years. She's that good.

13 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

You Baltimore crew have access to some of the most interesting beers....dang!

Yes but I need to try to get down around the DC/northern VA area and hit some of those spots. I hear good things. But yeah there’s ample amount of breweries to choose from between Columbia and the PA line and then on the eastern shore. I’m actually in the parking lot at hysteria brewing in Columbia waiting for them to open. They are dropping their dunkaroos stout collab with Fourscore today 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic