Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern Sanitarium

buckeyefan1

9 minutes ago, Justicebork said:

Those of us from Raleigh understand that snow actually damages our local economy, creates physical hazards for our senior citizens, and prevents us from operating at maximum efficiency at work.  We are not foolish enough to wish that on ourselves.  Sign us up for a cold, gray, and dry day.  Or better yet, another fine white powder with the opposite effects of those listed above.  Thanks in advance.

“Another fine white powder…” That should be relatively easy to find on any number of street corners

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Those of us from Raleigh understand that snow actually damages our local economy, creates physical hazards for our senior citizens, and prevents us from operating at maximum efficiency at work.  We are not foolish enough to wish that on ourselves.  Sign us up for a cold, gray, and dry day.  Or better yet, another fine white powder with the opposite effects of those listed above.  Thanks in advance.

Cliff dive of the decade, dove so far the senior living communities in Florida shifted to Raleigh. I really hate it for the seniors living in the Northeast.
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Justicebork said:

Speak for yourself. This isn't a hurricane, and we don't live in Buffalo. Enjoy your once a year (maybe) chance at snow -- and lighten up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dunkman said:

I really hate this hobby sometimes

It can be really disappointing more often than not. I'm still hopeful that we get at least 2" in Raleigh, and I'll be satisfied-ish with that. Of course, those 6"ers were beautiful to look at but...experience living here tells me it's too good to be true. When is the last time Raleigh got a 6"+ storm?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCsandhills said:

It can be really disappointing more often than not. I'm still hopeful that we get at least 2" in Raleigh, and I'll be satisfied-ish with that. Of course, those 6"ers were beautiful to look at but...experience living here tells me it's too good to be true. When is the last time Raleigh got a 6"+ storm?

December 2018. Then had 6” of puddles in my backyard that evening after all the rain

• Sad 1

It really may never snow appreciably in Raleigh again. I just don’t know what it will take. Striking out last weekend hurt but was tolerable bc we had the rug pulled out on like day 4-5 but to have the rug pulled out at 36 hours is stupid bad.

Going back your really have to go back a long time to find a good snow here. December 2018 was a hefty event but it almost all fell late at night and has changed to plain rain by mid morning which took a lot of luster from it

• Like 1

Maybe the bad snow luck follows me around. Lived in Boone for a few years.  I had one notable storm, and one year I was there, we barely hit 10" for the entire winter. Move to the triangle; I miss the Dec 2018 storm, and it hasn't snowed significantly since. Don't get me wrong, I've seen decent snows the last few years from traveling around but nothing like getting snow in your own backyard. 

• jburns unpinned this topic