joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

6 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Still think that’s sometime in 2022?

In Massachusetts? Probably.

Hell, they lifted the outdoor mandate and people still wear them outside with no one in sight.
The CDC will have to tell the blue state governors what to do. I’m hoping Baker lifts it sooner rather than later. At least let people take them off in the office if they are sitting in their cube. 

6 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Hell, they lifted the outdoor mandate and people still wear them outside with no one in sight.
The CDC will have to tell the blue state governors what to do. I’m hoping Baker lifts it sooner rather than later. At least let people take them off in the office if they are sitting in their cube. 

I’m thinking by end of summer for stores etc.  

27 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

India is out of control. They are reporting 4000+ deaths per day but based on crematoriums that number is likely 4-6 times that.   

It awful over there, even in non Covid times. 
The caste system keeps people in extreme poverty. The cities are filthy. I had some family go over for 2 weeks once and they stayed sick most of the time. There’s no clean water, sanitation is non existent, and health care is non existent for anyone but the higher castes.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tolland Death Band said:

It’s the only way he can stay relevant. Keep dialing in the fear long past his sell-by date

Did you read the article? What’s with Tolland and people who don’t look at anything before they make a claim?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

It awful over there, even in non Covid times. 
The caste system keeps people in extreme poverty. The cities are filthy. I had some family go over for 2 weeks once and they stayed sick most of the time. There’s no clean water, sanitation is non existent, and health care is non existent for anyone but the higher castes.

Did you see what I asked earlier? Back a page. 

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Was that a botanical garden yesterday and overheard two old women while walking around the gardens. One says to the other , you don't need to wear your mask outside anymore. Her reply? I'm keeping mine on I don't know these people...

• Haha 3

Definitely running into more people now who are fully vaxxed but still scared to fully emerge. They are “not comfortable” with restaurants, airplanes, or other more crowded places yet because of variants and other unknowns. I assume the vast majority of them will eventually come around, assuming they “trust the science.” The “scary double mutant” talk was really unhelpful to these people, Fauci/CDC... cut it out.

It still cracks me up the reaction I get from certain people when I tell them I travel all over and eat out all the time without the vaccine. Their jaws drop and they are rendered speechless, as if I was skydiving without a parachute and bragging about it. A few have then asked, “How do you do that?” All you can do is just laugh and shrug, really. I can’t explain to other adults how to not be scared of Home Depot or Olive Garden. 

6 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe House can answer this, but would it be true to assume that if you got Covid naturally and had a low amount of antibodies.....your chances of holding off a severe infection or any infection for that matter are lower than if someone got the vaccination? I saw the talk about protection when getting it naturally, but what if you had just a mild case and had low antibody response?

Hard to say.

But...you can apply some basic immunology and try to draw some conclusions. 
There is the thought that mild Covid infections don't get into the deep lung, that it infects the upper respiratory tract much like a head cold. The upper respiratory tract doesn’t have the memory cell surveillance that the deep lung does. You produce antibodies and mount an adaptive response (T cell), but it fades with time because the cells that confer memory really don’t hang out in that part of the respiratory tract. So yea, a mild case that stays in the nose, throat and sinus may not have immunity as long as someone who had a deep lung infection. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Definitely running into more people now who are fully vaxxed but still scared to fully emerge. They are “not comfortable” with restaurants, airplanes, or other more crowded places yet because of variants and other unknowns. I assume the vast majority of them will eventually come around, assuming they “trust the science.” The “scary double mutant” talk was really unhelpful to these people, Fauci/CDC... cut it out.

It still cracks me up the reaction I get from certain people when I tell them I travel all over and eat out all the time without the vaccine. Their jaws drop and they are rendered speechless, as if I was skydiving without a parachute and bragging about it. A few have then asked, “How do you do that?” All you can do is just laugh and shrug, really. I can’t explain to other adults how to not be scared of Home Depot or Olive Garden. 

I was just at 110 grill. Place was packed. Everyone with no mask, eating, drinking, having a good time. People get up to leave, throw a mask on, then hit the parking lot. Then proceed to keep masked out doors until they get to the car. But they just sat in a crowded restaurant for 2 hours with no face diaper.

People amaze me. I never thought the masses could be conditioned like this. It’s a really great psychological experiment on a grand scale. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I was just at 110 grill. Place was packed. Everyone with no mask, eating, drinking, having a good time. People get up to leave, throw a mask on, then hit the parking lot. Then proceed to keep masked out doors until they get to the car. But they just sat in a crowded restaurant for 2 hours with no face diaper.

People amaze me. I never thought the masses could be conditioned like this. It’s a really great psychological experiment on a grand scale. 

Muscle memory for the most part, IMO.  It gets burned into you pretty fast, like putting pants on in the morning.

See it a lot too and honestly I do it without thinking I think.  We are out all the time, and regardless of risk it’s habit already within a year of COVID starting.  Like getting in the car and putting a seatbelt on.  You don’t think about it or why you put it on, you just do.

Humans adapt real fast to carry on with life.  I don’t care one way or another, I don’t need or care to wear a mask but it’s muscle memory at times.  Like if people just told you when in a car, you don’t need a seatbelt anymore.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I really enjoy the 110 Grille    They make a good Moscow Mule!

Anyway, some relaxed regs in Mass starting tomorrow.  Amusement parks (Six Flags), indoor singing, road races, stadiums etc will be allowed 25%

Looking to do my first flying in late July

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

This is honestly nothing , people could be conditioned much more . 

Happens with many different Things and manufacturing consent has been nearly perfected using the tools available . This is just the way Democratic governments basically have to operate , if your in Russia or perhaps China ..you rule with a iron fist , in democracy..propaganda is required to get people on board with the opinions deemed favorable to lower any resistance , be it related to imperialistic “wars” Or whatever.  It’s not necessarily a evil or bad Thing , it is necessary and you can choose to go along or question the rhetoric , just don’t go crazy or obsess about it . Human nature is not changing .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tolland Death Band said:

I did. “We’ve had practically a non-existent flu season” is a great quote from the the doc

This is just my opinion, but I don’t think it had much to do with masks. If masks worked to make flu season almost nil, they would have worked better against Covid. They didn’t. 

The reason flu season was negligible was 3 reasons, again only my opinion. 
1) places where flu normally transmitted like work, school, and recreational venues were closed.

2) There is a certain amount of immunity to flu strains in the population even without a flu shot since it’s been around for years. There was none for Covid. And very little virus circulated due to #1.

3) There is a phenomenon where there is only one respiratory virus that’s able to infect an individual at one time. There was so much Covid circulating, that individuals who were/are susceptible to flu got Covid instead. 

21 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I would be scared of Olive Garden... that food is terrible

(actually it is sort of a guilty pleasure for me... microwaved salty "Italian" food)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2