Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

So, what will be the next annoying talking point? Masks are done. Shutdowns are over. The economy is open. The pipeline is running. Inflation is transitory. 

I know the conspiracy fantasy factory is hard at work. We could go back to making fun of millennials 

Tough day for the anti-vax, anti-mask crowd.

6 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

So, what will be the next annoying talking point? Masks are done. Shutdowns are over. The economy is open. The pipeline is running. Inflation is transitory. 

I know the conspiracy fantasy factory is hard at work. We could go back to making fun of millennials 

i'm pretty content bitching about our lawn:lol:

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Supernovice said:

Tough day for the anti-vax, anti-mask crowd.

??

It's a great day for that crowd. The restrictions are going away long before we reach the silly threshold targets for case counts and percent vaxxed the "experts" said were required. There is no sign of vax passports either. 

The anti-mask/anti-vax crowd won out. LOL what a misread, dude.

• Thanks 1

Well,  there is gonna be big anxiety for some not most , And I’m not joking or trying to poke fun at anything .

Some folks have been so Covid cautious that we will find out it’s a lot easier to raise people’s concern about getting sick from Covid (via media bombardment ) then relax or alleviate it (with a shot ) and a statement . Maybe I’ll be wrong .

The CDC could backtrack like they did many months ago with asymptomatic guidance 

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

??

It's a great day for that crowd. The restrictions are going away long before we reach the silly threshold targets for case counts and percent vaxxed the "experts" said were required. There is no sign of vax passports either. 

ya ok- we'll see.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

??

Proof of vaccine is required to attend sporting events in the non-socially distant section here in NY but I think we might be the only state doing that.

My friend that I was visiting at Ft Campbell last week is an infantry officer. There’s been lots of resistance amongst enlisted soldiers to getting vaccinated.

They’re instituting a policy that one can’t leave the Ft Campbell area for summer leave unless vaccinated in order to get their #’s up. 

It’s apparently been a major pain in the butt for the Army to plan training exercises, etc due to Covid outbreaks still occurring. 

16 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Oh, it never ends. They just move on to the next Spiraling and out of control grievance. 

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How will they know who had the shot and who hasn’t ? Lol 

The chips that came with the shot. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

I just opened a cb account. Now, which ones to buy?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Keep checking in over the next 24 hours to see if we start to get breakouts. Stuff is on sale but I’m not getting back in until I’m sure the dip is over.

Litecoin, Chainlink are worth looking at.

honestly though, if your goal is just to make some decent profit not necessarily have some 5X moonshot, then bitcoin and Ethereum are still kings of the roost until they aren’t. 

Full disclosure, last night I dumped almost everything I accumulated in the past year, because technicals looked bad and I wanted to ensure I doubled my money. Especially since I had invested most of our home emergency money and I don’t like sleeping on the couch. LOL

The nice part is, you do not have to jump in right away because you have the account open,  just do some research and buy when you feel compelled.   I’ll get back in, just not with as much $.    
I did buy Cardano early this morning and that worked out.  That’s a top 10 project with big potential. 

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Exactly.

Its like the Berlin wall just fell. The crowds gathered, people milled around for awhile not knowing what to do, then some dude with a sledge hammer just went for it.

The vast majority of businesses are just going to post a sign and that will be that. Clearly, the Federal government doesn't see any risk of non-vaccinated people "mingling" with the vaccinated since there has been little traction on vaccine passports. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol. No one is going to do that. Maybe a sporting event or something. But almost every public place would never do that . This isn’t communist China 

Get ready, they are going to get big mad now that the "vaccine hesitant" were able to wait this out and never got what was coming to them.

Just now, PhineasC said:

The vast majority of businesses are just going to post a sign and that will be that. Clearly, the Federal government doesn't see any risk of non-vaccinated people "mingling" with the vaccinated since there has been little traction on vaccine passports. 

It's over.

As Gerald ford said, "Our long national nightmare is over"

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol. No one is going to do that. Maybe a sporting event or something. But almost every public place would never do that . This isn’t communist China . Everyone unmasks …..the vaccinated and the nons.

There will be some places that do it. I was actually just talking with a co-worker a few minutes ago and she said she was somewhere a few weeks ago and she had to present it.

Carrying the card though is stupid...thing is huge. I think you can obtain a copy of it online or just take a picture of it and keep on your phone. I heard from a co-worker too it might be tied into your license...or on your license record. 

I mean I don't think it's a big deal if you have to show proof at certain places...no different than having to show your license when purchasing alcohol if asked to do so.

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I would expect about as much compliance as there was then, as well.

Yeah I mean it was all just an ask for public safety.  Obviously hospitals aren’t being overwhelmed, the southern US ran a fantastic study for the rest of us, the people who want to get vaccinated can do so at this point pretty freely with no wait time.

Its pretty clearly the end time. I don’t see many folks disagreeing at this point.  Time to send it at all levels.

• Like 1