• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    samithdfm
    Newest Member
    samithdfm

March Banter 2021

So excluding the western highlands, and the far NW burbs sometimes, we basically get no snow in Dec, and it seems the good March run as a winter month has pooped out. And usually much of Jan is snowless in recent winters. It's basically 3-4 weeks where we have a legit chance of winter weather anymore. Sounds more like central NC or SE VA 15-20 years ago. 

• Like 1

Just finished watching DVR 'd Mount Saint Mary's play.( Watched daughters vball game in person 1st) Tough loss.  They looked good at halftime. ..up 30-20. 

On to tomorrow.  Birthday tomorrow.  Definitely will get out to the local pub for a few IPAs and March madness. I might hit up LJS in Charles Town for lunch :)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Just finished watching DVR 'd Mount Saint Mary's play.( Watched daughters vball game in person 1st) Tough loss.  They looked good at halftime. ..up 30-20. 

On to tomorrow.  Birthday tomorrow.  Definitely will get out to the local pub for a few IPAs and March madness. I might hit up LJS in Charles Town for lunch :)

Happy birthday eve!  Hope you have a great day tomorrow....16 college games to watch on your birthday is heaven.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Happy birthday eve!  Hope you have a great day tomorrow....16 college games to watch on your birthday is heaven.  

March madness is the best 2 weeks in Sports and celebrating bday every time is bonus .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

March madness is the best 2 weeks in Sports and celebrating bday every time is bonus .

Especially the first two tourney days where there’s 4 games on at once all day.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mattie g said:

I blame the results of the election.

Appliance shortage/

The stay at home crowd with tons more time on their hands to do projectsB)

I'm confused.  Is Kamala President or Biden? I haven't watched TV in 2 months but turned it on looking for March Madness games and caught Biden saying " President " Kamala :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Enjoy your bday buddy

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nj2va said:

Yeesh, that's crazy, but glad you got it!  We're doing a major renovation starting next week including a new kitchen so trying to figure out the appliance purchase now.  I thought the hardest part would be figuring out the brand but its actually finding stuff that's not backordered until December.  I'll be sure to try every place I can think of, thanks!

We had to get a new washing machine and it was hell trying to get one that wasn't back ordered or out of stock.  My wife wanted a front loader.

We started at Lowes but no luck there. Nothing was available . I asked if we could just order one and wait but each one we wanted was on back order and they didn't know how long it was going to take. Ended up ordering one from best buy. 

The delivery date is a little farther out than I would of preferred  but beggers can't be choosers lol. 

Being delivered about 2 weeks from when it was ordered.

In the past we were able to order an appliance and have it delivered in a couple days but I  guess those days are over.

24 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

We had to get a new washing machine and it was hell trying to get one that wasn't back ordered or out of stock.  My wife wanted a front loader.

We started at Lowes but no luck there. Nothing was available . I asked if we could just order one and wait but each one we wanted was on back order and they didn't know how long it was going to take. Ended up ordering one from best buy. 

The delivery date is a little farther out than I would of preferred  but beggers can't be choosers lol. 

Being delivered about 2 weeks from when it was ordered.

In the past we were able to order an appliance and have it delivered in a couple days but I  guess those days are over.

Yeah, those were the days apparently. When we got new appliances at deep creek, it took 3 days to arrive. Now I’d be thrilled with 3 weeks lol 

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Happy Birthday!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

What did you think of it? I work at Nepenthe. Well, I will again when they reopen fully.

I like it. Good stuff.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Nice!

Yes, I saw that but they definitely aren’t allowing phase 3 preregistration because I tried. :P

im hoping they release a more detailed list of what underlying conditions are eligible under 2B. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nj2va said:

Welcome to the spring mode club!  

I have pretty much been there for a couple weeks. Both feet fully in now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Happy birthday!

Sorry it didn’t snow :(

49 minutes ago, mappy said:

im hoping they release a more detailed list of what underlying conditions are eligible under 2B. 

I’m not sure there’s a specific list. Maybe see if your doctor will write a note? 

48 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I’m not sure there’s a specific list. Maybe see if your doctor will write a note? 

I am assuming he will follow CDC guidelines for what is considered high-risk. Which is a lot more than what's on the website now when you pre-register. Maybe they will release more information next week when pre-registration for 2B opens up. 

and @North Balti Zen I know they don't check. Numerous coworkers who are healthy and in their 30s have gotten their shots by calling themselves essential lab workers. They are not. They don't go to the office, they've been home for a year. That's just frustrating af. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nj2va said:

Yeah, those were the days apparently. When we got new appliances at deep creek, it took 3 days to arrive. Now I’d be thrilled with 3 weeks lol 

COVID still taking a bite out of full-up/100% productivity everywhere. We picked out a new living room sofa/chair combo from LaZBoy Gallery in late Feb. My wife considered a custom upholstery fabric, which the store rep said would take another 6-7 MONTHS for delivery from the factory. If, however, we elected to choose the "default" upholstery fabric on the floor models (which we actually loved, but wasn't first choice because it would require repainting the LR), the delivery wait is "only" 6-8 weeks. So, yeah....I'll be breaking out the tarps and paint brushes for spring break.  :mellow:

WV continues to do an excellent job of getting the COVID vaccines administered.  With the exception of my 12 year-old son, our whole household has had a shot.  I got my first shot on the 8th, mother-in-law had hers on the 9th, and yesterday my wife (39 year-old daycare provider) and daughter (17 year-old with asthma) got their first jabs.

• Like 3

I'll be happier than a pig in sh*t for all my friends that can get it.  And I've fully resigned myself to the fact I'll be last to get it despite my job.  The people that have cut in line by lying is whats annoying as hell.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

No one at most sites is double-checking for conditions. If you have an appt, you will get a shot.

Nope. They didn’t ask my wife for her school ID or w-2 at the Six Flags site. 

18 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

WV continues to do an excellent job of getting the COVID vaccines administered.  With the exception of my 12 year-old son, our whole household has had a shot.  I got my first shot on the 8th, mother-in-law had hers on the 9th, and yesterday my wife (39 year-old daycare provider) and daughter (17 year-old with asthma) got their first jabs.

That’s awesome! Great to see a state come up with a good plan for their situation and execute it so well. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

COVID still taking a bite out of full-up/100% productivity everywhere. We picked out a new living room sofa/chair combo from LaZBoy Gallery in late Feb. My wife considered a custom upholstery fabric, which the store rep said would take another 6-7 MONTHS for delivery from the factory. If, however, we elected to choose the "default" upholstery fabric on the floor models (which we actually loved, but wasn't first choice because it would require repainting the LR), the delivery wait is "only" 6-8 weeks. So, yeah....I'll be breaking out the tarps and paint brushes for spring break.  :mellow:

Had the same deal.  Wanted some new furniture and went looking back around Labor Day.  Went to LaZBoy as well and the exact same story.  Liked a set but if we wanted different fabric then it was 12-16 week wait.  Floor model was available now.  So declined.  Went looking again around Thanksgiving and went to VCF(yeah, I know.  Cheap) Found one there that we liked just didn't pull the trigger.  Got the one stimulus($600) and bought it online around Xmas.  Thankfully they had it and only took a few weeks to get.  

But I'll be doing the paint thing in Aug.  Daughter wants her room a new color.  Joy.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Ruh roh.  It looks like we should go pick out the new living room furniture asap too.  

• Like 1