Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Philly Area Banter

The Iceman

7 minutes ago, wkd said:

I forget what Ray Martin's username was on the AMWX weather board.  I would like to see if he is still  posting somewhere.  I know he is with  Mt. Holly now.

famartin, I believe. I think he made some posts in the MA forum during the winter.

• Thanks 1

famartin, I believe. I think he made some posts in the MA forum during the winter.

Ray has a great archive website, google “Rays winter storm archive” it will be the first link: Unfortunately he stopped during the 2013 season, but from 93-13 he has every map from every winter storm in the region.

He also has a great YouTube channel with TWC/local news broadcasts from a ton of events. Pretty cool if you’re in a nostalgic mood.

Every fall I go on my own nostalgia trip to get in the mood for winter.

Question: what’s the deal with the model upgrades this fall. What exactly is going on with GFS & EPS. I remember reading last winter that the eps would upgrade to 50 more members and better resolution. The OP would also go out farther during 6/18z runs.

• 1 month later...

If anyone is interested in joining a NFL pick em league ($30 fee for the whole season) please check out the thread for more information. This used to be just open to American Weather, however, given lack of signups this has been expanded outside of the form to hopefully draw a bigger participation. If you are interested or even have any friends interested please pass the word along! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

My bladder was close a couple times.:drunk:

Now let's get this straight:

Phils in the NLCS

Birds 6-0

Flyers 2-0

Sixers: Opener tomorrow night vs Celtics. (Sixers 4-0 preseason)

Damn, doesn't get any better!

Spooky Stranger Things like 1980 time travel.

On 10/15/2022 at 6:38 PM, JTA66 said:

And wtf is with the Flyers being 2-0? I want Fletcher fired by Thanksgiving, this isn’t helping!

3-0* 

And this is a staple of Fletcher team the last few years. They started 7-2-1 in 2020 then 6-2-2 in 2021 before cratering both years. The underlying metrics are pretty bad just like the last 2 years. They've been outplayed all 3 games by a good margin. Carter Hart's .940 sv pct is a large reason they're 3-0. Once that falls to a more normal .920 or so, they'll start losing these games 5-4 or 4-3. It has been refreshing to see the team continue to battle even after going down by multiple scores early. I'm with you though, I was hoping we'd have a san jose start(0-5) and get Fletcher the hell out of here and have a shot at a #1 pick this year since the next Crosby/Mcdavid is coming out.

• Weenie 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, I Like Snow said:

Hey guys I want to go out riding mt MT bike tomorrow with temps being awesome for November, but I hate riding in windy conditions.

Do you think the windy conditions might die down if I go out around noon?

Your going out at noon might have a calming effect on the wind, but it might work better  later. Mt. Holly says this in their forecast discussion:

Winds will still be gusty in
the morning out of the west, perhaps over 30 mph at times early, but will gradually wind down through the afternoon