Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Philly Area Banter

The Iceman

On 10/23/2022 at 6:42 PM, KamuSnow said:

Thanks! Wooohooo!

P.S. Everyone's down at City Hall celebrating. I think I saw Birds~69 climbing a light pole.

Lol....way late seeing this. Was too busy in the sports forum during the Phils run and not too much in the weather/banter side. Too old and they grease the damn poles these days. (Great run Phils!)

If the Birds go deep in the playoffs, maybe I'll try pole climbing? Maybe I'll apply "Stickum" to my hands/feet like the NFL did in the 1970s to catch the ball to climb those damn poles! Those poles greasers won't stop me! Sinners...I'll tell ya!

• Like 1

Checking in folks as I'm a huge fan of tracking snow and watching it fall, but anyone who's anyone knows I'm not a fan of being cold. I'll be up for Christmas so I'll be paying attention. Cold snap has been bad down here in coastal Dixie as well with temps around 35-40 at night and 50-55 during the day. Hopefully the citrus trees survive, been seeing them pop up on trees lately. I would of guessed citrus trees would ripen in the summer but I guess I'd be wrong. Looks like we'll swing upwards to 65-70 again in a week, God willing. Even the midwest snow birds are cold down here right now!!!

• Weenie 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 6:38 PM, JTA66 said:

And wtf is with the Flyers being 2-0? I want Fletcher fired by Thanksgiving, this isn’t helping!

Don't worry, they always start well the first ten games then things collapse. We're right in line still for a top 3 pick in a loaded draft and a GM change. My worry though is that unless they clear out the advisors along with the GM(Clarke, Holmgren, Lombardi, Barber), then nothing is really going to change. They'll only hire another puppet that caters to the whims of these dinosaurs. They desperately need fresh blood coming in from outside of the organization. The broad street bullies had their day but the game has passed them by. Get them the hell out of all organizational decision making, it's beyond time. As someone that didn't get to witness the cups, it's really beginning to stain their legacy to me as they are responsible for this current mess. I think Torts can be the right coach but they need a plan to acquire high end talent and no one in the front office currently has one.

15 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Taking the under. There's a reason that line is lower than it should be.

When I gambled I always though that was the case but it's really not. The only thing I can think of is Jordan Davis is returning from injury to stuff the middle and limit Henry's rushing yards.

Remember one Raiders game I though the O/U was way super low. I took the over for $150 I think. It went over with approx 5min left in the 1st half...that was great.

Anyhow I would still take the over regarding Henry.... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

When I gambled I always though that was the case but it's really not. The only thing I can think of is Jordan Davis is returning from injury to stuff the middle and limit Henry's rushing yards.

Remember one Raiders game I though the O/U was way super low. I took the over for $150 I think. It went over with approx 5min left in the 1st half...that was great.

Anyhow I would still take the over regarding Henry.... 

Stayed away from that one. Played a teaser instead which i usually hate but just a dime...titans +8 / bengals +7.5 odds at +114

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

I do have a box I can move into if it doesn’t workout. But to Ralph’s point, that O/U looks too easy. Yeah, maybe it is the Davis factor.

Henry only had 38yrds last week. Probably pissed.

Another thing I look at these guys get a pretty kickass bonus if they win the rushing title. Henry lost some decent ground last week.

Lol...look at Sanders go...oh yeah, it's contract year.  

thing.jpg

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Stayed away from that one. Played a teaser instead which i usually hate but just a dime...titans +8 / bengals +7.5 odds at +114

That's why they call them "teasers". You'll win the one game comfortably and rip your hair out w/the 2nd game.

And 3-team 10 point teasers look so damn good on paper but somehow one of those teams don't show up to play for whatever reason.

Parlays have a nice payout but damn hard to hit...  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

That's why they call them "teasers". You'll win the one game comfortably and rip your hair out w/the 2nd game.

And 3-team 10 point teasers look so damn good on paper but somehow one of those teams don't show up to play for whatever reason.

I've had pretty good success "buying points" which obviously changes the odds and is essentially another form of teaser/parlay. 3-leg parlays using alternate spreads and alternate points have been my bread and butter past 2 years and have kept me in positive net units. I dont wager too much, just for fun so every so often i will drop $1-$5 on a 5-leg parlay. Biggest i hit last spring was $1 to win $742. 

44 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Under all day. This is the game he goes out "hurt". They have a bounty on him. Hope im wrong.

I been telling people this has the feel of the Cunningham and early McNabb years when those guys were running around making it a one man show we know how that ends.

No Nick Foles waiting on the side line.

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Meh, cant win em all but i feel good with another Eagle win. Broke even today with the over 44 anyway. 

3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Under all day. This is the game he goes out "hurt". They have a bounty on him. Hope im wrong.

Hurts is out but for all the right reasons....blowout. Only 12yds rushing.

I wonder if Derrick Henry is fighting an injury? Only 30yds with 6 to play.

I hate betting on single player odds and Im not a fantasy guy but i would have done well with the Hurts/Henry unders today. Thus is gambling hindsight always 20/20. Get at em next Sunday 

6 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Hurts is out but for all the right reasons....blowout. Only 12yds rushing.

I wonder if Derrick Henry is fighting an injury? Only 30yds with 6 to play.

I hate betting on single player odds and Im not a fantasy guy but i would have done well with the Hurts/Henry unders today. Thus is gambling hindsight always 20/20. Get at em next Sunday 

You would have, I would have been blown out.

Think Hurts may have taken the MVP lead w/todays performance and a W.  Mahomes had a meh day and a L...

• Like 1