• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    robrofox
    Newest Member
    robrofox
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

30 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 18z Euro for tomorrow came in with a slightly more snowy look for the PA turnpike area on north. Now there is the chance of a solid coating of snow according to this run.

78D7DC90-F91D-423D-ABC3-9C29B07B8E29.png

AE2C431C-0E59-4165-91EE-5B4865A90665.png

Latest Hrrr has a thin stripe of snow on the leading edge of the precip field tomorrow noon early afternoon in N.Md approaching southern Pa fwiw...verbatim it fizzles out a bit but the idea is there .

2 hours ago, canderson said:

The 18z GFS gives my parents in NE Texas basically 2 feet of snow through next Thursday. They average less than .5” a year and iirc the record snowfall is 5”. They also might hit 0 Monday morning. I never remember it getting under 15. 

It’s going to be an epic disaster with infrastructure failures. Be safe @MillvilleWx. And best wishes to you going through personal things. 

Did you see Houston with a low of 12 after getting snow and sleet?

• Like 1

Some of the models are pushing this L for next mon tues farther south then i could remember any L going in the winter.. All the way down to the heart of Mexico but only to push it almost as a apps runner the trends are slightly farther east now. But doesnt give us all snow in fact very little snow but a bunch of sleet and frz rain. normally when a L goes close to the gulf we get a major storm that rides up the whole coast from about GA to SC NC then up the coast. Has any one else seen a Low go that far south and not turn into a major storm snow wise? The Low  itself doesnt get to strong down to 1003 or so. 

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

6z GFS has a Chattanooga Choo Choo on Tuesday and lsv rains. Ugh.  

the way things have gone the last few winters its probably right lol no matter how odd it may seem to us. sometimes the weather just licks to F us in the end wasted cold no artic air after all etc.

Just now, pawatch said:

Morning Bliz 

That's a lot of ice the Euro is showing.

Hopefully things trend towards more snow or even sleet...anything but ice!

@MAG5035 yesterday thought we had a chance to get more sleet & snow vs. freezing rain except for the southern tier.

We still have 2 days to go before we see where the lines set up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

6z GFS has a Chattanooga Choo Choo on Tuesday and lsv rains. Ugh.  

Blizz, I saw your "crazy face" emoticon.  Here is the 6Z GFS panel showing rain with a storm sweeping under us coming out of the Lwr Miss Valley.  Disappointing that depiction would not at least dump on us at the start but the system from today is not pushing the boundary back like we had hoped. 

image.png.993aa65a594f3c52beec60cf41aaa2bf.pngimage.png.b93b1ad76f902e9cd9c72b55f6d285f9.png

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Blizz, I saw your "crazy face" emoticon.  Here is the 6Z GFS panel showing rain with a storm sweeping under us coming out of the Lwr Miss Valley.  Disappointing that depiction would not at least dump on us at the start but the system from today is not pushing the boundary back like we had hoped. 

image.png.993aa65a594f3c52beec60cf41aaa2bf.pngimage.png.b93b1ad76f902e9cd9c72b55f6d285f9.png

I riding the Euro train that I posted above...not the Chattanooga one!

• Haha 1

Just now, Jns2183 said:

I’m sorry folks. I can feel it in my gut, and in my pelvis fractures from getting nipped by a car. We are going to see our first major ice storm in 10 or 20 years.

That would be unfortunate.  I know unique and dramatic weather is fun but being out of power for a week is not.  

• Like 1

LSV question...are folks really strict in what qualifies as the LSV?  Its officially a river basin but a lot of people consider the LSV to be a more of a region and to that point the NWS used to consider the LSV to be All of Adams, Berks, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry and York Counties.  Do not have a contact there anymore so not sure if that still stands.    River basin wise it is a portion of all those counties plus small portions of Chester and Schuylkill.

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

LSV question...are folks really strict in what qualifies as the LSV?  Its officially a river basin but a lot of people consider the LSV to be a more of a region and to that point the NWS used to consider the LSV to be All of Adams, Berks, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry and York Counties.  Do not have a contact there anymore so not sure if that still stands.    River basin wise it is a portion of all those counties plus small portions of Chester and Schuylkill.

They did put out a map out of the CWA on FB and/or their website indicating the regions and their boundaries, but I don't know if it's still available or not.

Just now, Voyager said:

They did put out a map out of the CWA on FB and/or their website indicating the regions and their boundaries, but I don't know if it's still available or not.

That would be interesting to see that if someone has it or finds it.  Many where i live say they live in the LSV though technically we are about 20 miles southwest of the river basin line.  

29 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I’m sorry folks. I can feel it in my gut, and in my pelvis fractures from getting nipped by a car. We are going to see our first major ice storm in 10 or 20 years.

lets hope not

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That would be unfortunate.  I know unique and dramatic weather is fun but being out of power for a week is not.  

i like extremes, but agree, screw that

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Don’t wanna agree but fear you are correct. Where the boundary goes after each event is the key to it all. Like mag suggested tho the warm nose looks to be small so let’s hope n pray that more sleet is what we get. Hate ZR. 

As a bartender this past year has been about as hard as possible just making ends meet without blowing up savings. I don’t need ice to make work any slower. Plus stone slabs for a walkway are a bitch in ice. I just have my gut screaming at me to buy a generator

4 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

As a bartender this past year has been about as hard as possible just making ends meet without blowing up savings. I don’t need ice to make work any slower. Plus stone slabs for a walkway are a bitch in ice. I just have my gut screaming at me to buy a generator

Not a quick fix but Generac House models are the bomb if you have a house though the making ends meet part probably precludes that.  I know being in any kind of hospitality sucks right now.  Sorry man. 

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

so what do you all do to prepare for severe weather?

We used to be on a well so we always had a ton of extra water because the well is off if the power goes off.  We also buy ice and have a lot of those insulated foam like boxes that you might get from a home delivery beef place.  We can then replicate our fridge for days using those...if the power is off. 

• Like 1