Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

11 minutes ago, anotherman said:

Hello Mount Joy Snowman!  I work in Mount Joy.  How much did you get?  I am at home in YNS.

Hello anotherman!  I used to take the train from Mount Joy everyday and hopefully will again if we ever get back to working in-person.  I got 2.0" on the nose.  Not bad, was hoping to squeeze out 3-4 but was always hesitant given that northeastern cutoff gradient that had be showing up on most of the models for days on end.  On to the net one....

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Nam 12 continues to deemphasize the Saturday "Round 2/3" with just scattered mixed for most of PA. 

yeah i saw that.  Scratchin my head a bit as i though the shredder was runnin outta gas.  Might set up Tuesdays potential a bit better..??  Dunno

19 minutes ago, daxx said:

I think I’m being brainwashed in to believing the nam is great. I have to stop reading. lol!

This is probably the only thing we disagree on buddy. I do like the NAM a lot more than you do - in no way do I think it's great but I think it's better than what most give it credit for. It absolutely nailed the January 2016 storm, and as I recall it did well with some of the biggies back in '09-'10. 

Honestly, this winter, I'm not trusting any model. :) 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This is probably the only thing we disagree on buddy. I do like the NAM a lot more than you do - in no way do I think it's great but I think it's better than what most give it credit for. It absolutely nailed the January 2016 storm, and as I recall it did well with some of the biggies back in '09-'10. 

I get so sucked into the NAM precip panels that is my problem that I need to stop that. I should know better after all these years in this hobby the NAM is mostly overdone on precip on every storm. I need to remember to cut those panels in half. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sure it has it’s good moments, but if you ask me it has far more bad. If the model works for you then all is good.  I just look at it and move on. 

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

I get so sucked into the NAM precip panels that is my problem that I need to stop that. I should know better after all these years in this hobby the NAM is mostly overdone on precip on every storm. I need to remember to cut those panels in half

I always do and it usually verifies pretty well.  Hard part is the deliniation between frozen varieties but like I said earlier, as long as i dont have green above me.....I'm ok w/ whatever

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

BTW, everyone in the southern tier should go look at the 6z GooFuS snow maps through end of run for purely entertainment purposes.  

I'd post, but I don't want anyone to think less of me than they already do. :lol:

Come on, this isn't the mid-Atlantic forum.  Snow maps are not dependable but they're fun to look at.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Germans showin love to the forum for next Tuesday.  Bellied under and nice transfer....all snow.

as we are looking for consensus, i think we now have ICON Euro and GFS all in similar camps (staying under us - no cutter).

Hoping that theme continues to gain traction....

• Like 1