• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WX Fan
    Newest Member
    WX Fan

January 31-February 2, 2021 Major Winter Storm Observations

21/11F and overcast in Hopewell, Nj. WAA snows likely will come in quicker than we thought based on radar. I can't see it holding off all day til 4... Thinking around 2 if things progress as they've been.

• Like 3

28F, 14 DP here. Been some returns moving overhead off and on for the last couple of hours but all virga so far. I'm thinking earlier start here too, although it will be pretty light for a while I'm sure. 

eta - NWS graphic shows start time here around 1pm, I'm gonna guess 10 or 11 am here for 1st flakes, based on radar. Not that it matters a whole lot, looks like we'll have hours and hours of snow to enjoy. Good luck everyone!

Got home around midnight, looked up and saw a halo around the moon. I took that as a good omen. Let’s do this peeps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

30 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

28F, 14 DP here. Been some returns moving overhead off and on for the last couple of hours but all virga so far. I'm thinking earlier start here too, although it will be pretty light for a while I'm sure. 

eta - NWS graphic shows start time here around 1pm, I'm gonna guess 10 or 11 am here for 1st flakes, based on radar. Not that it matters a whole lot, looks like we'll have hours and hours of snow to enjoy. Good luck everyone!

It’s going to be an interesting storm in our area.. heading to the virtual church at 9 am.

19 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

22F / DP 12F

Radar echoes but nothing falling so some virga... 

virga.jpg

Seeing some sporadic flakes here already. Thought I was hallucinating.  Kids confirmed by catching them on their sleeves

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Seeing some sporadic flakes here already. Thought I was hallucinating.  Kids confirmed by catching them on their sleeves

Same here within the past 5 minutes....

23F / DP 13F

Good luck everyone!  Been great reading your discussions all week. 

Not looking forward to shoveling I've been dealing with lumbar, glute and sciatica pain since the beginning of December.  Came out of nowhere one morning.  Of course it happens the season that I was graduated school and had purchased a season pass, a new snowboard, helmet, and snowpants.  Anyways I'll get better and back to enjoying the pow, but I guess for now I'll sit back and just enjoy the snow for what it is! Thinking its my piriformis and not my disc.

• Like 1

I was lining up my cars and helping my daughter pack her car when the first flakes came down.  You beat me too it.

24F/DP12  Overcast skies, gonna take some time to saturate But its here. Patiently watching for the first flake. Ill be satisfied with whatever falls living out here we are sometimes in the substance zone and Ive watched it  crush areas to my East a few times and Im only talking 20-30 miles away. 

11 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

24F/DP12  Overcast skies, gonna take some time to saturate But its here. Patiently watching for the first flake. Ill be satisfied with whatever falls living out here we are sometimes in the substance zone and Ive watched it  crush areas to my East a few times and Im only talking 20-30 miles away. 

Didn't take long here at all...

23F / DP 13F

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlueDXer75 said:

Light snow started in Spring Twp., Berks County.   I noticed that Harrisburg (KMDT) was reporting 1/2SM with moderate snow this hour. TAF only has 6SM at this point

Nice Im in Boyertown now flurries just started. 

Just back from a quick run around WC, counted two very lonely flakes. Salt is down, wipers are up. Got that textbook calm before the storm feeling out there.

• Like 1