Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 31-February 2, 2021 Major Winter Storm Observations

Ralph Wiggum

8 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

Why is the NAM showing another foot for our area? I don’t trust the models anymore. Did it initialize wrong?

The main problem is the bogus snow maps we like to see, maybe it would be better if they couldn't be posted. There is no way I will see 14" additional inches like not even one in a million

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Lol sorry I don't trust anyone when they say it'll snow all day tomorrow. Same people that said this would be a bellringer this afternoon. 9 times out of ten it ends way earlier than progged as dry air is drawn in. Will prob be the case here. I'd expect it to taper off tonight.

Exactly, I like Glenn and I am not directing my post towards at him but be more specific as to where it may be snowing til Wednesday. 

7 minutes ago, JMcCaughey42 said:

Where in Langhorne are you?  Seems to be picking up 

I'll just say near Oxford Valley, I like my anonymity and won't pinpoint where I live. As for light-moderate-heavy snow and whiteout conditions, I think a portion of this board over estimates what they see. There was a pic earlier that claimed whiteout, but with all due respect it wasn't whiteout. Heavy snow is visibility under 1/4 of a mile and I don't think Lower Bucks reached that criteria. 

Edit: due to margaritas 

Just now, Violentweatherfan said:

I'll just say near Oxford Valley, I like my anonymity and won't pinpoint where I live. As for light-moderate-heavy snow and whiteout conditions, I think a portion of this board over estimates what they see. There was a pic earlier that claimed whiteout, but with all due respect it wasn't whiteout. Heavy snow is visibility under 3/4 of a mile and I don't think Lower Bucks reached that criteria. 

1/4 but I'm guessing you had a typo there.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

WSW just issued for an additional 3-6”. I’ll take it. That would put my total in the 8-12” range.

In other words, not enough snow to cancel work tomorrow but enough that the commute will still be a pain in the ass. Gimme a foot or gimme an inch. 4-7" is just pesky.