Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 30-February 1 Winter Storm

Hoosier

2 hours ago, CheeselandSkies said:

It always weirds me out a little bit to see Canadians posting about storms that affect southern WI/northern IL (especially in the context of them being at risk for a rainer) because I think of Canada as this frigid place waaaaay far away to the north. I need to remember places like Windsor, London, Kitchener and Toronto are roughly on my latitude.

I live a few blocks away from the Detroit river. On clear days if walking along the riverfront (and depending where you are) you can see Canada to not only the East but also the South.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

UK

sn10_acc.us_mw.png

Similar jump north around the same time out as this past storm. For a few runs It also had the last storm maintaining its strength longer out this way which ended up being wrong in the end. We'll have to see if this one can keep its sh$t together long enough to give dtw a decent snowstorm.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

What does the GFS ensemble avg show for total liquid precip?  That would be good to know over here if the GFS is off with its thermals.

only .35 for you or so

has some real clunkers for total precip

also note that 5 out of the 20 on COD show no or very little snow over IA and N IL

• Like 1