Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 31-Feb. 2 Miller B storm

LVblizzard

Just now, RedSky said:

"The" family member told me Accu weather said 4" of snow last night and "they are never wrong" 

Is this true and why do I waste my time on any of this lol

I see the family member was drinking wine again...the early call was of 4"+ (not 4"). I thought it was a stupid call, anyone could say that. But that's Accu Weather standard early call on any potential big storm...it covers their ass. 

• Weenie 1

My early guess is in line with hazwoper. Except I feel a little bit more comfortable saying 4-6" for Se Pa for now. Warning level event is the baseline. Sucks that it seems like the MECS region wide is off the table but again hopefully this doesn't trend to all out whiff. Don't like the massive shift in guidance. Hopefully it's just one of those blips and the models begin correcting themselves back n and w but unsettling start to 12z to say the least. Another shift like that and se pa is even out of warning snows... I guess I should of know since I said suppression has been the theme all month back at day 9.

Just now, Birds~69 said:

I see the family member was drinking wine again...the early call was of 4"+ (not 4"). I thought it was a stupid call, anyone could say that. But that's Accu Weather standard early call on any potential big storm...it covers their ass. 

Same family member anytime I mention any kind of weather coming instantly consults weather bug because that is never wrong. Serious annoying  family member.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, The Iceman said:

My early guess is in line with hazwoper. Except I feel a little bit more comfortable saying 4-6" for Se Pa for now. Warning level event is the baseline. Sucks that it seems like the MECS region wide is off the table but again hopefully this doesn't trend to all out whiff. Don't like the massive shift in guidance. Hopefully it's just one of those blips and the models begin correcting themselves back n and w but unsettling start to 12z to say the least. Another shift like that and se pa is even out of warning snows... 

Tom Brady 2nd and goal with the game tied at 24 and 5 mins to play. We need a fumble or a pick here! 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, The Iceman said:

My early guess is in line with hazwoper. Except I feel a little bit more comfortable saying 4-6" for Se Pa for now. Warning level event is the baseline. Sucks that it seems like the MECS region wide is off the table but again hopefully this doesn't trend to all out whiff. Don't like the massive shift in guidance. Hopefully it's just one of those blips and the models begin correcting themselves back n and w but unsettling start to 12z to say the least. Another shift like that and se pa is even out of warning snows... 

Eskin may nail it!

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, RedSky said:

"The" family member told me Accu weather said 4" of snow last night and "they are never wrong" 

Is this true and why do I waste my time on any of this lol

We also need an update from that WIP guy. Maybe Eskin will be right after all.

As for the 12Z Euro -- biggest run since the domestication of the dog. Let's stop the bleeding!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

Just now, JTA66 said:

As for the 12Z Euro -- biggest run since the domestication of the dog. Let's stop the bleeding!

And don't listen to that 98 whatever stations guy, they will say snow is coming and it never does.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, JTA66 said:

Some guy name "Bruce"  (not a caller) was on WIP yesterday afternoon predicted  20" for Philly w/blizzard warnings by Mon morning. I like Bruce's thought pattern..

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Some guy name "Bruce"  (not a caller) was on WIP yesterday afternoon predicted  20" for Philly w/blizzard warnings by Mon morning. I like Bruce's thought pattern..

Yeah Bruce has been on a few times this month predicting big snowstorms. He's definitely a huge weenie :lol: I hope he's correct though

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

33 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

What is wrong with 4+ 3+ days out? It just gives the general public knowledge of potential snow. Look at the models, no one knows. Euro could go even farther south at 12z while others have a foot. So idk. 

wish we could get a reasonable euro run today, if we do considering every other model gives us decent snow it might be game on 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Good to see the ukie actually tick northwest. It had actually shown the bleed se yesterday before any other model so hopefully it leads the charge back nw up to game time :)

While the precip location is good it did increase the confluence wave big time. Just had a stronger upper level low and PVA  to make up for it

9 minutes ago, Hypothetical 240 hour snow said:

What do you all think for South-Central NJ (near Mount Holly)? My sister is supposed to get vaccinated at the South NJ mega site (in Glouchester county) Monday AM, and she is worried about snow impacting her trip to that site.

I'm in the same boat. My significant other has an important doctor's appointment in the same area that she's waited to get for 2 months so she isn't keen on giving it up. I'm trying to convince her to reschedule though, I think mon morning could be pretty bad. Snow starts in the evening on Sunday so there could be 12 hours worth of snow on the ground by Monday AM. Travel could be a nightmare all day Monday but I'd definitely keep a close eye on things the next 24 hours. We re seeing pretty significant changes still each model run.