Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 31-Feb. 2 Miller B storm

LVblizzard

4 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Much further south track of the H5 low and coastal redevelopment that run pretty major sudden jump makes little sense

But does it? The UKMET went that route, the JMA is doing that, the NAVGEM is doing that, and the NAM at range is doing that.  All the things we always go against and the Euro which has been rock steady jumps over to the JV models which may end up scoring a coup with the CRAS of all models unamped, South, and leading the coup.

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

But does it? The UKMET went that route, the JMA is doing that, the NAVGEM is doing that, and the NAM at range is doing that.  All the things we.always go against and the Euro which has been rock steady jumps over to the JV models which may end up scoring a coup with the CRAS of all models unamped, South, and leading the coup.

That’s why I kind of liked when the Euro ran twice. More chance now for jumping off, lol. I think 0z tonight through 0z tomorrow will be telling; models are still getting a handle on this. 

7 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I'm going to see myself out now lol. Trying to tell myself this is the usual overcompensating /overadjustment we sometimes see when the energy hits the West Coast and maybe it comes back N in 24 hours. Yes, windshield wipers Paul. Just odd and unsettling to see the ens means so drastically diverse.

Ralphy Boy...

I don’t know about the ultimate outcome of this storm.....

But I DO know that I’m somewhere between painful constipation and severe diarrhea with your back and forth analysis‼️‼️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

This may not be a totally bad thing if this storm heads out to sea or fizzles. 

As a emergency manager with 30 years of experience at the county, state and federal levels these storms are not what we need right now. Our agency is now directly involved with the distribution of the vaccine to first responders and senior citizens in the Mid-Atlantic and NE regions of the US. Our logistical mission includes aircraft and surface transportation along with reserve and national guard units along with state and county assets on a 24/7 basis. The delays this storm will cause will affect the  delivery and dosing of thousands of people who need it most. If this thing ends up out to sea it may actually save lives. Lets remember these storms cause serious injury and deaths to older or more vulnerable citizens, neighbors and family members during a normal year. COVID-19 has multiplied the challenges exponentially. Before you hope and pray for such dangerous conditions, please think about those most at risk and those first responders trying their best to serve the public. 

We receive our briefings from NWS & 2 private services. The private services have been spot-on this winter and have not been impressed by the signals they were seeing early on with this event and have expressed concern with local media and even some NWS offices for hyping this storm based solely on model outputs so far in advance. (Our contract does not allow me to divulge specifics, but both services are not seeing major amounts of snow accumulations in Metro Philly at this point  relative to other areas of responsibility that will be more heavily affected).

As I have said before - I learn much more here. Although they will answer specific questions on the conference calls or Zoom meetings, they have no interest in teaching or disclosing their methods to their clients (government agencies, utilities, bulk power transmission authorities, fuel transmission lines, airlines, natural gas suppliers, etc.). Some of the folks here are amazing (a few clearly wish-cast) - insights, discussions, explanations are incredibly helpful to me when I’m involved with these briefings. It's hard to believe this is a hobby considering all you guys put in to it.

Stay Safe - Stay Healthy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, MA-EOC said:

This may not be a totally bad thing if this storm heads out to sea or fizzles. 

As a emergency manager with 30 years of experience at the county, state and federal levels these storms are not what we need right now. Our agency is now directly involved with the distribution of the vaccine to first responders and senior citizens in the Mid-Atlantic and NE regions of the US. Our logistical mission includes aircraft and surface transportation along with reserve and national guard units along with state and county assets on a 24/7 basis. The delays this storm will cause will affect the  delivery and dosing of thousands of people who need it most. If this thing ends up out to sea it may actually save lives. Lets remember these storms cause serious injury and deaths to older or more vulnerable citizens, neighbors and family members during a normal year. COVID-19 has multiplied the challenges exponentially. Before you hope and pray for such dangerous conditions, please think about those most at risk and those first responders trying their best to serve the public. 

We receive our briefings from NWS & 2 private services. The private services have been spot-on this winter and have not been impressed by the signals they were seeing early on with this event and have expressed concern with local media and even some NWS offices for hyping this storm based solely on model outputs so far in advance. (Our contract does not allow me to divulge specifics, but both services are not seeing major amounts of snow accumulations in Metro Philly at this point  relative to other areas of responsibility that will be more heavily affected).

As I have said before - I learn much more here. Although they will answer specific questions on the conference calls or Zoom meetings, they have no interest in teaching or disclosing their methods to their clients (government agencies, utilities, bulk power transmission authorities, fuel transmission lines, airlines, natural gas suppliers, etc.). Some of the folks here are amazing (a few clearly wish-cast) - insights, discussions, explanations are incredibly helpful to me when I’m involved with these briefings. It's hard to believe this is a hobby considering all you guys put in to it.

Stay Safe - Stay Healthy

Thank you for all you do and providing a different perspective on all of this. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

You have to think that's a good sign coming from a meso model!

I do think the Euro may have done one of those overcorrections we often see when energy comes ashore. Expect it to slowly go back the other way by 12z tomorrow. May not get back to the HECS looks, but I doubt the low just escapes off of VA Beach either. ICON (I know, it sucks) is a beaut.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

19 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Icon is a huge hit for the area through 108 just about 10-12"+ for everyone outside of s. Jersey. We may have to send a snowcat to find Paul if it comes true...his place sees like 30 inches if my clown maps are right. Tell ralph to back off the ledge ;)

Yeah right. Im pretty sure you've downplayed this from the get-go citing seasonal trends. Im entitled to one off-run meltdown. Its been exhausting since I began tracking this on Jan 15 (go in the obs thread....yes almost 2 weeks watching this). Im starting to suffer from model exhaustion :hug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That’s right folks, if you are tracking this storm then you are responsible for countless lives. How dare you be so irresponsible? Don’t you know that the weather affects people? 

We never NEED a Tornado, or a Hurricane, Or( Insert your natural weather phenomena here) but they happen and no one should feel guilty for actively researching and being involved in these discussions. While I appreciate everything that our Local, State, and Federal governments due to assist us in case of an emergency, it’s ridiculous that you find it necessary to brow beat the people that are active in this forum. 

There is a wealth of knowledge and understanding that can be taken from the conversations here and we don’t need you to dictate what is appropriate or not. So please, take that nonsense somewhere else.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1