Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 31-Feb. 2 Miller B storm

LVblizzard

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Probably. But something to watch. If that piece keeps showing up stronger and keeps affecting the confluence, it will eventually have negative implications. But alas tis the NAM at range (skims the weenie handbook furiously to find...page 871 chapter 69 section 7 clause f)

"A storm delayed is a storm denied" 

• Sad 2
  • Weenie 1

I don't think that piece of confluence is all that bad. It forces the low formation a bit further south around the OBX. Then the storm would crawl up to the delmarva and stall as another piece of energy dives in the backside and pulls it back. Would you rather have a low form at the VA Capes/OBX? Or one that forms at the Delmarva? Based on past experience with Juno, I know what I pick...

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

"A storm delayed is a storm denied" 

If we get this too fast, it misses any chance of phasing with that backside vort. Then it's Juno 2.0. I think slower is better here. Too fast and you risk east slippage. Too late and perhaps you risk too amped. But I'll always take my chances with an amped and tucked closed 500 below me with a fresh arctic cold air mass in place.

2 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

I wonder if there’s a chance that phases in?

I don't think that'll phase in, but this piece.... this is the one that matters IMO. Even if we do have a "too south" solution in the end, this piece helps to slingshot the low up the coast. Then we get sloppy seconds with a matured low. But hey, better than nothing and this slipping east. And if the storm isn't too south? Well then that piece helps to rejuvenate the low off the coast and pivot it back to the coast. That piece is everything in my opinion between a 6-10" storm and an 18-24" storm. I'm still young, but over the years I've grown weary of average storms. My mentality is go big or go home. I'm not the biggest fan of snow, but I love tracking MECS and potential HECS events. Especially when you have models print out incredible amounts, it's dangerous. It's like a drug, the last hit might have been great... the next one you want even better. Perhaps why this is such a mentally exhausting hobby...

'500hv.conus.thumb.png.11c148deb672136d843dc523cfe14136.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No other model has that piece the NAM showed N of Lake Ontario that keeps the confluence and stalled system souther. ICON is getting closer and closer at H5. Almost.all frozen now for SE PA....baby steps on that piece of shiesse.  Still spits out a hefty 2-4" frozen SE PA but thay is going to cave soon the more that H5 keeps trending.