Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 31-Feb. 2 Miller B storm

LVblizzard

1 hour ago, Violentweatherfan said:

NYC is in such a good spot for Miller B storms, anything south of Bucks County - Philadelphia County Pa misses out on intensification. And there is always the dryslot. 

Every Miller B is unique but in general you are right. Jan 96 (and there have been others) was more a hit down here,  less up there. There are times it can go the other way. Definitely isn't something written in stone.

41 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

There’s a clear trend south from tonight to this afternoon with the location of the coastal low. Reminds me of tracking the Jan. 2016 storm. One more shift south and I might start to get a little worried here in the Lehigh Valley.

Windshield wiper effect....it might tick S a few runs, then N a few. Bottom line, the goal posts are narrowing and we are smack in the middle

12 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

That actually concerns me more than the GFS being the outlier. But if the Euro holds serve, I will feel better about the Ukie being a fluke run. 

The UKIE has been the flip floppiest of all the models. Go back and look for yourself last 48 hrs. Every run has been considerably different and not by a little either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

The UKIE has been the flip floppiest of all the models. Go back and look for yourself last 48 hrs. Every run has been considerably different and not by a little either. 

Thanks - I didn’t remember the individual Ukie runs for this storm. Don from the NYC forum also says it can be a volatile model.

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Holy s%!&$ tough job! My Ma is in independent living and those oldies complaining about their food is....I can't find the words to describe it lol

It is challenging for sure. We have 540 or so residents and you can't possibly satisfy every one with every meal. No matter how good 539 people say their meal is, always 1 finds something wrong.

Sorry about off-topic. Back to wx....

• Like 1