• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan. 31-Feb. 2 Miller B storm

LVblizzard

:weenie: :ee::yikes:starting a thread this early. Almost certainly a fail now, just wait for it. It'll probably be 48 hours out but just watch there will be something as we get closer and this will be a good storm for either north or south of us. I honestly don't care what any of the models show this far out. It's fantasy land. Gfs is a light rain storm... That'll be the outcome, lock it in. The euro loves to give blizzards in the day 7 range. It showed one for this Thursday in the same time frame. It'll be gone by day 4 just like the last 2 threats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, The Iceman said:

:weenie: :ee::yikes:starting a thread this early. Almost certainly a fail now, just wait for it. It'll probably be 48 hours out but just watch there will be something as we get closer and this will be a good storm for either north or south of us. I honestly don't care what any of the models show this far out. It's fantasy land. Gfs is a light rain storm... That'll be the outcome, lock it in. The euro loves to give blizzards in the day 7 range. It showed one for this Thursday in the same time frame. It'll be gone by day 4 just like the last 2 threats.

Third time is the charm. We might not be the bullseye when all is said and done but we are getting some snow out of this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Iceman said:

All but 1 member of the EPS is honking. That is more support for this at this range than I've seen since 2016.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

All but 1 member of the EPS is honking. That is more support for this at this range than I've seen since 2016.

Eps mean had me at nearly 6 inches for today at one point in the same range. It's really fools errand to get invested in any threat outside 5 days this year. There has always been some feature that isn't picked up on in that range and it screws our chances. The theme this month has been shredded out and south when we get into the day 4-5 range. We ll see how it looks in 3 days... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

56 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Eps mean had me at nearly 6 inches for today at one point in the same range. It's really fools errand to get invested in any threat outside 5 days this year. There has always been some feature that isn't picked up on in that range and it screws our chances. The theme this month has been shredded out and south when we get into the day 4-5 range. We ll see how it looks in 3 days... 

But that was skewed severely. There were hints with this system that it would shear out. More likely we get something early next week than not. Just a question of how much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

But that was skewed severely. There were hints with this system that it would shear out. More likely we get something early next week than not. Just a question of how much. 

Gfs and it's ensembles are consistent with the snow to rain scenario. That's my guess on what will end up happening with the storm coming in from Ohio and the secondary hugging the coast. Still has the potential for a nice thump unless it shears out over us like today... Still way too early to know what that thump will look like but I agree at least we should see some snow...

Edit: Para gfs with the same idea as the gfs.

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

If the CMC is north like the GFS its trouble

Not north but a sheared out mess that comes together just in time for sne. little snow for all around here and the mid atlantic. Add it to the list of possibilities on how we fail with this one. Honestly the cmc is pretty believable based on the pattern this month. 

• Like 1

Please post weather the weather model runs you’re loving if it isn’t too much trouble though I might well be the only one who isn’t good at finding them on my own. I’ve been excited since I read Ralph’s posts here last night.  The possibility is wonderful fun regardless of whether we get some snow or a ton from the storm.   

I’ve intended to learn for awhile now and am finally taking a Harvard (Free- using EdX) “Backyard Meteorology” online course. I learned about isobars yesterday:) I’m light-years behind all of you, but weather is one of my favorite things. I know weather (I was over the moon the first time I saw graupel), but I don’t know the science behind it.... or the science behind that:) I’m learning though:) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Furrawn said:

Please post weather the weather model runs you’re loving if it isn’t too much trouble though I might well be the only one who isn’t good at finding them on my own. I’ve been excited since I read Ralph’s posts here last night.  The possibility is wonderful fun regardless of whether we get some snow or a ton from the storm.   

I’ve intended to learn for awhile now and am finally taking a Harvard (Free- using EdX) “Backyard Meteorology” online course. I learned about isobars yesterday:) I’m light-years behind all of you, but weather is one of my favorite things. I know weather (I was over the moon the first time I saw graupel), but I don’t know the science behind it.... or the science behind that:) I’m learning though:) 

Welcome to the board!

Here are the 2 free sites I use to model watch. I also have a subscription though for the euro and eps.

Tropical tidbits:

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=neus&pkg=mslp_pcpn_frzn&runtime=2021012612&fh=162

Pivotal weather:

https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?m=ecmwf_full&p=sn10_acc&rh=2021012612&fh=6&r=conus&dpdt=&mc=

Feel free to ask questions whenever! I know I'm a bit down on these threats but I still enjoy tracking them :lol:

• Like 2