Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 31-Feb. 2 Miller B storm

LVblizzard

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

GFS ticked better to the ECM. New GFS got lost.

The euro is overdone imho and too far S. It is being hugged because it is extreme but ask yourself honestly....when was the last time the most extreme solution panned out, euro or not. That isn't a bet that I would want to take. Using the euro as a high end piece of guidance but following along with the more 'tame' group of modeling seems the way to go here until the euro gets unanimous solid support. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

The euro is overdone imho and too far S. It is being hugged because it is extreme but ask yourself honestly....when was the last time the most extreme solution panned out, euro or not. That isn't a bet that I would want to take. Using the euro as a high end piece of guidance but following along with the more 'tame' group of modeling seems the way to go here until the euro gets unanimous solid support. 

The area oh heavy snow on the ECM will migrate NE. I like the location of the arctic high in Canada and our position.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, RedSky said:

The area oh heavy snow on the ECM will migrate NE. I like the location of the arctic high in Canada and our position.

If you go back and look at the past few runs, the block is relaxing its grip (trend) more and the overall lw is adjusting N. Diff is the vort is the same lat essentially....for now. That will tick N later on in a couple days. The nao ridge is still there just enough to not pull the trof too far n and not strong enough to shit the bed over the OV. Buckle up.

• Like 2

March 1958 being thrown around. The famous storm that dropped 50" out here in Berks/Lancaster.... Regardless, these Miller B/C events all follow a common theme. I'm not saying we're getting 50" lol, but if we can clean up the overall h500 I think we're in an ideal spot to catch this one. Long time away still, Sunday it comes in.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Any worry about warm air surging in from the SE ocean water temps about 60 miles out pretty toasty.  I mean the storm is sitting there with an  easterly component and the high up north is losing its grip as the block breaks down.  If I am Delaware River east and southeast this screams warm air off the Atlantic with a changeover. 

• Weenie 1

Just now, Kevin Reilly said:

Any worry about warm air surging in from the SE ocean water temps about 60 miles out pretty toasty.  I mean the storm is sitting there with an  easterly component and the high up north is losing its grip as the block breaks down.  If I am Delaware River east and southeast this screams warm air off the Atlantic with a changeover. 

That's a fairly classic look tbh and mixing in the city during these events for a period is very common. This is a little different tho as the ull is closed and moves right over us while capturing the slp. Lots of dynamics at play. That's something tbd later. But yes, having some mixing work in is common.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

That's a fairly classic look tbh and mixing in the city during these events for a period is very common. This is a little different tho as the ull is closed and moves right over us while capturing the slp. Lots of dynamics at play. That's something tbd later. But yes, having some mixing work in is common.

Yep agreed mainly sleet probably and graupel. Wonder if there would be convective bursts you can tell I can’t wait for the high resolution dynamical models. I’m holding my expectations for now in check. 

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

GEFS have a strong signal/cluster of lows that stall just E of the DelMarVa and essentially stall/crawl to just off the S NJ coast to the benchmark.

Yes we could still get a decent snow with that, but I would like to see some consolidation. Otherwise solutions could be quite divergent.