• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 31-Feb. 2 Miller B storm

LVblizzard

Shame 96 was a Miller A because this is ghosts of that storm....heaviest band at 54hr lead thru DC and to the S and E of us then started to come N and the rest is history. Not sure how this Miller B will react. Guessing we don't see that N tick we need but we also aren't in a terrible spot still with 2.5 days to go. Wouldnt take much to adjust to a biggie or even the opposite. Walking a tightrope here.

11 minutes ago, wkd said:

I beg to differ. From hour 81 to 84 I don't see a movement SE, at least on Pivotol

you'd be wrong, sorry.  Storm has occluded and is indeed sinking SE.  Once occlusion occurs the center is cutoff from moisture, thus further allowing for the dry air from the NW to push in.  

Just now, hazwoper said:

we still have some time, but I think we are lookin gat a low end warning event for extreme SEPSA/SNJ at this point.  The models have been all over this disjointed aspect of the coastal for some time now.  I think 6-8" is a good bet right now.

Seems like a reasonable albeit perhaps slightly conservative call. We take regardless.

• Like 1

We need the feature over New England I made note of yesterday to weaken or go away, not continue to get stronger. This flattens the boundary pressing or holding confluence South. It also lessens the chances for a clean capture / stall and is the diff between a MECS and a SECS for parts of our region. You can see the trend on the CMC I am posting which is why the NW shield collapses and erodes. This is showing on several pieces of guidance now:

20210129_112545.png

gem_z500_vort_us_fh60_trend.gif

37 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

GFS is nudging S and E. The culprit as I pointed out yesterday on the NAM (which subsequently lost) is a vort swinging SE across parts of.New England around 54 -66 hrs.

So Ralph maybe it's not the Euro Bias here... perhaps we are heading for a disaster overall.  May it's really windy out there right now there is your confluence. 

What is unsettling in addition is guidance showing that death band with divergence aloft and subsidence to the left. One area will be seeing 2"/hr or more while 15 miles west is seeing very lightly accumulating snow. That cutoffs from that sort of look that we have been thru before can cause major headaches for some. Imho we are losing the widespread MECS signal and getting more isolated.

• Like 1

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

What is unsettling in addition is guidance showing that death band with divergence aloft and subsidence to the left. One area will be seeing 2"/hr or more while 15 miles west is seeing very lightly accumulating snow. That cutoffs from that sort of look that we have been thru before can cause major headaches for some. Imho we are losing the widespread MECS signal and getting more isolated.

On Water Vapor you can see the Push NE to SW up north of New England in SE Canada that is now being modeled now. Perhaps the models are picking up on the strength and timing of that feature. 

1 hour ago, Newman said:

Not a fan of the RGEM or NAM. Shows the classic EPA Miller B screw zone setting up. Not saying its gonna happen, but much higher possibility now. 

I hope we can eek out at a  couple inches out here, I remember 2 years years ago working in Boyertown and it snowing hard and on my way home as soon as I hit 422 in Exeter it was cloudy then when I hit 222 north it was sunny, I dont need that feeling again. :yikes:

6 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

As I said, I like where EXTREME SEPA sits.  

• Thanks 1