Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I kind of got the impression looking at DT's video that he is favoring a great overrunning pattern for the SE and mid Atl, but not so much up this way.

When was the last time we got screwed in an overrunning pattern? :lol:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I kind of got the impression looking at DT's video that he is favoring a great overrunning pattern for the SE and mid Atl, but not so much up this way.

When was the last time he got a forecast right? He has been a joke the last few years. I don’t even read his stuff anymore 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When was the last time got a forecast right? He has been a joke the last few years. I don’t even read his stuff anymore 

He did not explicitly say that...I just may have interpreted incorrectly.

He did imply that the 1/23 system is unlikely to get up here....squashed by the huge 50/50.

• Confused 1

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

back to back systems on the GFS, 23 & 26 hopefully they can work out as this is the period most identified as favorable, then looks like a blast of cold to close out Jan?.. its the OP so take it with a grain of salt

GFS needs significant adjustments with the 1/23 event to be a big deal for SNE...which doesn't matter at this range, I know.

2 minutes ago, Bobbydoppler said:

Thank you, Ray.  Trying to learn a bit here and there.  

The parent low to the north is from the original energy, but the NAO block, 50/50 low forces the energy to transfer to the south. The GFS does it late in the game for us, so you see the closed H5 low still waaaay north, as the surface tries to get going south of NE.....if you loop the run, they will eventually stack out near the maratimes. We want that to happens faster to the south of LI.

• Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The parent low to the north is from the original energy, but the NAO block, 50/50 low forces the energy to transfer to the south. The GFS does it late in the game for us, so you see the closed H5 low still waaaay north, as the surface tries to get going south of NE.....if you loop the run, then will eventually stack out near the maratimes. 

I see.  Had to look at a different site to get a map that showed N. Atl.

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

We've like 5 of them too in the past 2 weeks...I've been outside several times on those days and said to myself "if I didn't know any better, I'd think snow might be coming".

That's been almost every day here in the Catskills the past 2 weeks.  A snowflake falls once in awhile so I guess that makes it better.