• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

2 hours ago, BullCityWx said:

18z GEFS mean would imply a storm that progresses from ZR -> IP -> SN(potentially just IP -> SN) for much of NC. I’m not really worried about the snow maps so much as pattern recognition. 

So...

Backwards ehh?

20 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

Yes. Honestly, my gut says more IP than ZR. Bufkit had a 21:1 ratio for RDU at 180.

21:1????

Yes the progression of the storm seems just a bit unusual.  What's even more unusual to me though is the fair agreement among the models for over a week out.

TW

• Like 1

Just now, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

Only reason I’m skeptical is because all models agree. Just not use to seeing that at day 7 these days. 

And also we've been snake bit so many times , gotta keep the excitement in check at least for now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

And also we've been snake bit so many times , gotta keep the excitement in check at least for now. 

I agree. I sure would be excited if I lived in North central NC and maybe S Va. I’m nervous I’m just too far south but my internal weenie keeps hope alive. 

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, Grayman said:

I agree. I sure would be excited if I lived in North central NC and maybe S Va. I’m nervous I’m just too far south but my internal weenie keeps hope alive. 

Sounds painful

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Sounds painful

Lol. Being a weenie in Southern NC is not for the faint at heart. Who’s staying up for the 00z Gfs and Euro? 

Def trying to keep my expectations tempered here. Good to see continuity from a model standpoint but like I alluded to the other day models have multiple s/w flying around and keying on the final wave now hopefully will be the right call and there will be enough spacing to allow the wave to strengthen. 

So, aallll that precip in TN even up into KY,  is that all going to just disappear once it hits the Appalachians? Charlotte and the rest of the western and central piedmont get nothing? 

The radar looks juicy and I'm sitting at 31 with dew point of 24!!!!

What givez?

Just now, BornAgain13 said:

I know it's still a ways to go but what a beauty on the PARA tonight. This is Kuchera af1ead99981b08af50a00df324c8c3e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

If this were to verify(it won't) all of us NC weenies would be happy, at the same time, for once! Lol